Voting Booths are re-OPEN!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22K+ Forum members, but only 56 and 42 voters show up…wow. More members need to step up and support the builders efforts. I wonder how many of the 22K members are active in some way.
@Cyclist can probably answer with some data as to active vs dormant accounts. Agreed it appears kinda sad

I didn't know I was using the same medicine that skater got caught using. Not prescribed in the US because of the misuse by athlete's to improve blood flow. Everywhere else it's commonly used for heart conditions.
Good thing I didn't have a winner, I would have had to turn myself in.:21:

It has always only been a fraction of the population that votes. I'd wager the overseas members vote regularly and the stateside folks might vote if they think they've got skin in the game or friends that do. It's just two different ways of looking at it. Some realize the privilege and others occasionally rise to the inferred obligation.
Thanks to the folks who voted (for me or not) YOU keep it interesting. (Am I popular? Oh I hope it's me. Is it mine? Nope. Yep. Everyday it's different. Sweet.) Woohoo!

Carl.

I could not participate (too many other things on my plate :wink1:), but I closely followed along many builds and got a lot of inspiration for my planned summer build off bike (first time building a muscle bike for my son).
It's an honour and a pleasure to give back at least a little bit through voting for the contestants that caught my attention!
(And I had all three winners on my short list) :113:

It was a lot of fun & I (We) ended up with another cool bike to ride!! I rode mine all afternoon yesterday enjoying how smooth it rides and how far I can lean into turns.:inlove:🥰🤩
IMG_20220313_161814427.jpg
IMG_20220313_163108033.jpg
49421.jpeg

Nice work to all of the participants and thanks for a great time!!😎😎

Firstly, :cool2:^

Can any admin wake @Cyclist the .... up?!
My dinner's cold waiting. I don't ever officially know where I rank in class 2.

You know what pisses me off most... all the documentation. Guess the rest of us who didn't come 1st are stepchildren.

Your build inspired me to pursue the F1 bikes for a bit. Thank you.
Glad someone got something out of it. Knew we didn't stand a chance in the ORBO, being a small wheel.

Irony, I found a Marlboro Fuji prior to the BO, but it's such a piece of sh-it I refuse to work on it!
marlboro fuji folding bike1.jpg

marlboro fuji folding bike2.jpg

I think you can do the math, hamp... you're a smart dude. If it was anyone's responsibility...it was mine. I'll try and get to it...I have no idea when.

@OddJob @The Renaissance Man
Don't be insulting. I worked hard enough on my bikes putting them up on the site. You do the math.
Don't give a sh-it anymore, thrill's over waiting for the official results. Remove my bikes from the official results, or not if you're not capable of even that much.

Wonder how things would've turned out the first time being that over 20 members were granted the opportunity to change their votes...
The owner of this site's a joke placing staff who aren't experienced to handle simple tasks in a timely manner.. among other things.

Glad I built all those bikes for me. The time posting was a big waste!

Last edited:
Firstly, :cool2:^

Can any admin wake @Cyclist the .... up?!
My dinner's cold waiting. I don't ever officially know where I rank in class 2.

You know what pisses me off most... all the documentation. Guess the rest of us who didn't come 1st are stepchildren.
Just did a quick scan of the votes. Looks like you finished 9th.

Cool bike by the way!

Just to be clear the "final rankings" threads are not anything official or a part of the buildoffs. Just always something nice that cool guys like @kingfish254 would throw together

For the record the snafu with the voting threads being posted correctly and subsequently removed is nothing to do with experience level in this scenario but more to do with permission levels. I have about a decade of admin experience and can shred some xenforo systems. However Rusty and I are not administrators in this world and have limited magical powers. We can't create subforum levels and move entire categories. When stuff gets muffed up there are limited options for us and in this case it was easiest to delete and start over. We don't have 24/7 admin access. Not in the cards with the new owners. Truthfully never was even with Steve at the helm. He just had the flexibility to flush things out almost transparently

Doesn't matter......... turning in my tin star anyhow. Long live the new kings @OddJob and @The Renaissance Man

Latest posts

Back