WBO 2017 Jan 1st to April 1st: ANYTHING GOES INCLUDING BUILDS ALREADY STARTED!---GO!---

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Alright, we have an empty 3 month time slot at the start of next year, we ran it as an anything goes build-off for a couple of years and switched it up to an offroad build-off last time, which seemed to go down well...

I have been reading through old build-off suggestions and one that keeps popping up is a build-off to finish off unfinished bikes, either from previous build-off's that were never finished or just builds that stopped somewhere along the way before getting completed.

A build-off specially for those builds could be great motivation to get them finished, and some of those builds could be spectacular if they finally got done!

EDIT: Going to run this as Anything Goes.

Rules:
1: Start a build thread in the new forum that will open up on the day and post your progress there as it happens.
2: Must be human powered. (Can have motor as well.)
3: Build cannot be finished at the time of the first post. (We want to see some progress happen!)
4: Must be in the finished area by the deadline to be eligible for voting.
5: Riding photo or video if rideability is questionable.
6: You must have fun.

Does not matter if builds are already started before the build-off, provided they are not a completely finished build.

Countdown clocks:

Start (Jan 1st 00:01am USA Central): https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-start-01-january-2017-countdown-clock

Finish (April 1st 11:59pm USA Central): https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-finish-countdown-clock

Luke.

Last edited:

furyus

Pro Member
Jan 31, 2011
Leesburg, VA
Think I'm batting about .500 as build-offs go. Finished three out of six I believe, including bailing on BO11 this year. Only problem I have with this concept is I usually sell off one project to fund another, so all the bikes I didn't finish are gone. My lovely wife says I just like buying and selling!

furyus

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Oh man, I could finish my wife's bike that I put in the WBO 2 years ago and never finished! LOL Right before spring, so she's be happy!
Happy wife, happy life!

Luke.

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Hope you're going to finish The Outlaw..:)...this is a great idea.

Oh man, I could finish my wife's bike that I put in the WBO 2 years ago and never finished! LOL Right before spring, so she's be happy! Might I suggest "proving" the build with a link to the original build thread be a requirement?
CRASH leave the rule making to Luke. I'm sure everyone will post a link to the original build anyways.

Reactions: kelvin hahnel
Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Think I'm batting about .500 as build-offs go. Finished three out of six I believe, including bailing on BO11 this year. Only problem I have with this concept is I usually sell off one project to fund another, so all the bikes I didn't finish are gone. My lovely wife says I just like buying and selling!

furyus
That's the beauty of having an anything goes build as an option. You can also enter anything else you'd like to.

Reactions: kelvin hahnel

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Might I suggest "proving" the build with a link to the original build thread be a requirement?
I'm not sure it is necessary to prove the build is half done, surely pictures of it as it currently stands would be all that was needed?

I might have not understood your point maybe? :39:

I'm not worried about whether or not they were originally in a build-off before, I am sure we have all had normal builds that have just stalled out due to outside factors.

Luke.

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Hope you're going to finish The Outlaw..:)...this is a great idea..
Glad you like the idea Chad, not an original idea on my part, it has been floated for a few years on the site...

Yes, Outlaw is my aim... I also have Back40 which needs not much to finish, so I might try for two entries! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Glad you like the idea Chad, not an original idea on my part, it has been floated for a few years on the site...

Yes, Outlaw is my aim... I also have Back40 which needs not much to finish, so I might try for two entries! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Love to see the Back40 done Luke! That bike has a lot of promise!

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
i would be in for a anything goes build , there is something i always wanted to build , not the typical bike :nod: might as well share the build in a buildoff