(WBO2015) 1910 INDIAN Board Track - COMPLETED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like RM's version and you don't have to change the dropouts either. Here are a couple more options... mount the red tank on top, or flip the red tank mount it inside and change the middle bar to curve up... but that means modding the tank... you got the skills, get on it.

Carl.

Last edited:
Bravo RM.:thumbsup::crazy2:
The bottom bar was welded in by me,and the top bar had a crack in it.
I didnt want to change the frame to much,being a old and hard to get your hands on(rare).But as it is now,it looks weird.

So I take it you all like the slanty tank I had gone with in the first place?
It is more of a Indian style tank,where as the blue is more Harley

I like getting help from fellow builders.:happy:
The frame looks almost like a original or pourcho frame...

I do like RM's version and you don't have to change the dropouts either. Here are a couple more options... mount the red tank on top, or flip the red tank mount it inside and change the middle bar to curve up... but that means modding the tank... you got the skills, get on it.

Carl.
Too much worko_O
Besides My welding is not that good when it comes to sealing a tank...:39:
But with every build I am improving.

I have started...
Today Between rain showers,I cut the 2 bars off.
I am going with The Renaissance Man idea.
And the bike will get a while new booty.
I will cut out the original bottom bracket and move back the one I welded on.
I tried bending the rear in,but bent the tubing.It was 5-6' wide managed to get it to 4' wide.
The 26"tires dont fit in,so will extend the bottom rail + dropouts by 2cm.By doing all this I will have less problems with the chain and pedal arm clearance.
DSCN3756.JPG
DSCN3760.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3755.JPG
    DSCN3755.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 204
Tank and top bars look GREAT together! If you made a filler panel to match the front end of the tank and welded it between the bars, I think that would really give it a finished look. Glad to see you moving forward on this build, I have been waiting and watching to see how this one comes together!

Thanx guys, Big Ape sounds good on the panel idea.
I was just waiting on all the parts to come in.
Just ordered a Indian bottle opener
indian-motorcycles-bottle-opener-2.gif
Was thinking to use it as a stick shift handle,but maybe that could become a fender mascot?

Found a few things that I could use as a shifter.
Have this lil Indian Boy,could be used as a mascot or shifter.
DSCN3765.JPG
DSCN3767.JPG
A door knob ceramic.Was thinking the blue would break all the red.
DSCN3768.JPG
DSCN3769.JPG
A vintage glass door knob,more authentic lookin for the bike.
DSCN3770.JPG
DSCN3771.JPG
Mmmm:39: eanie meanie.Also will have the bottle opener.
DSCN3764.JPG

Maybe the glass one for the shifter and the opener as the fender mascot?
Thoughts?
What I did today!!!
Oh no she didn't?:arghh: Oh yes she did:D
I said I wouldn't as it is a very rare frame.But in the end,it is no use if things scrape bang etc.So chop shop she went.
DSCN3775.JPG
Taking some scrap metal to build the rear end.
DSCN3777.JPG
Will use the red brackets to mount the tank.
Want to re-use most of the metal that was on the frame.
DSCN3778.JPG
DSCN3779.JPG
Welded the rear part of the frame,sanding etc tomorrow,but what I went with.
DSCN3781.JPG
Will have to extend the crank axle anyway.by 1cm not even,but the wider the better.
A before
DSCN3782.JPG
Another pic of the top bars,will replace the plate for support and more shaped to the tank.
DSCN3783.JPG
Was trying to get a lot done,but it was cold,sun was out but the temp dropped.
My feet are getting wet from the damp ground,will drag a pallet for the platform.
My yard at the moment,never has flooded like this before
DSCN3675.JPG
DSCN3676.JPG
DSCN3677.JPG
,feels like I am in the everglades.

Attachments

• DSCN3772.JPG
    DSCN3772.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 185
I like that blue knob for the shifter, but the little Indian would be cool too.

Call it the 'Seminole', a swamp dwelling tribe from the Everglades here in the States...hahaha
In all seriousness, this is coming along great, definitely subscribed.
Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Indian bottle opener would look great on the fender. Any of your shifter knob options would be good. If you want to make the lil' indian more solid, you can turn him upside down, open up the bottoms of his feet and fill him with some epoxy. Looks like you got some good work done today!

Imo, The blue knob would match if there were another component or two that color, or color the leaves in it red to match the bike?. Is it painrable?

Else, I think the glass matches it

Can't wait to see how you finally start tacking those frame mods in..

Now that I will make the bottom bracket wider.I didnt need to chop the rear end..But it did look odd being 6' wide.
LTJ your right,would have been to many,this way I get a bike that is useful.
With BA I had many issues.
So the blue knob seems to be winning so far,must be the color contrast.;)
Will see at the end,it could be the focal point.
Carl good one for the coaster arm,now you just gave me another idea,Need to buy another one.

I spent yesterday redoing the rear end,cut up 3 bike rear ends,before I decided what I wanted:crazy2:
Found another bottom bracket,that was a few mm wider.With its own cups.
DSCN3789.JPG
I went look for a pipe that the cups would fit into.To large for a english , the cups do fit inside american cups?.
But then remembered I had this.
DSCN3784.JPG
It has the same set up.Had to cut the pedals off,no way to hemmer the pin out,rusted solid.
DSCN3785.JPG
Crank still turns also the rear hubs.This was whole once I asked for the rear end at a trash yard and this is what they gave me.The bike was complete.Just the wheels were destroyed.It had hubs a rack etc,When I saw what was left I almost cried..
DSCN3787.JPG
I can just cut the axle and extend it by 1cm,or just grind the pedal ends off.
But I think I will make it wider by 2cm.Gives me plenty of extra room for engine.
DSCN3790.JPG
Temp has dropped,cold outside. And even had a lil bit of snow falling.
DSCN3792.JPG
:21::21::21: Thats it...
Inside day today so will relace the rear wheel,with the 3 gear hub... Have never done this,so a first timer...
I am using a old mtb wheels. The rims are wide.
280220131399.jpg
010320131400.jpg
The rim was laced,but with the spokes same spokes,They are a few mm longer. Ordered new ones.So fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back