Weekend mock up is now a roller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and mother in law brought this frame to me a couple of weeks ago Found at a local recycle center Unkown canti frame with euro bottom bracket and rear brake post
[/URL
After a little sanding and paint remover
[url=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/oldcruiser24/media/saturday%20mock%20up/2013-10-04_18-43-58_564_zpse457c9f2.jpg.html]

A ride on the 87 Rockhopper

Some fire roasted grub and thought

Then 4 hours in the shop last night I ended up with this

Just a mock up for now to see how the frame and the Judy will work together A few mods are still in order like deraileur hanger and seat mast So far it feels good
Parts break down for now
Unknowm canti frame
rockshox Judy tt fork
Tioga threadless stem with Zoom bars
modded 1 1/8 Aheadset
Deore xt leavers and Deore v brakes
Deore xt shifters
Deore xt rear deraileur Deore front
Trek hard annodized Matrix rims with Deore Dx hubs
Truvativ Hussefelt crank with FSA platinum bottom bracket
Orgin 8 micro adjust seat post Brooks B17 saddle

Re: Weekend mock up

Nice job! Its lookin' pretty rad with the bare frame. I'd be proud of that one!
Johnny

Thanks for the nice comments guys worked on the deraileur hanger and seat mast last night
Gt hanger to start with

Filed the back side down to get it to sit flat on dropout

Holes drilled and bolted on cut to fit drop out

Seat mast work From this

To this

Next get the crank and chain line set Looks like I will have to go with a bash guard for outer ring and a 32 or so middle to keep a good chainline

eparsons said:
Looking good so far. Can i ask what brand of paint remover do you use?

This stuff works pretty good It will destroy any kind of spray bomb paint Factory paint it takes a couple coats and still quite a bit of hand sanding I've tried a few different strippers and get the best results from this one

This thing had a nice look but not a very good ride.The Judy suspension and head tube angle did not work out .So I have scrapped the idea of suspension up front and decided to go with a Surly 1x1 fork Most of the parts from this build have made it to an older Jamis mountain bike frame I will be using the xt shifters and deraileur's and changing out the wheels to Araya 7x and keeping it more Klunker style than mountain bike Seems like that's how most of my builds end up Should have some pics of new version tonight :D

The Jamis I did up with most of the parts from the first mock up

And a yard art klunk I did with my lady the other night after working on the main build

And the main build

Pretty much done except for paint And a new pair of Shwable big apples that will come next week
New parts break down
Surly 1x1 fork
Haro bmx stem
unknown bars
Portland design works lock on leather grips
Deore Xt shifters
Deore lx rear deraileur
Deore front deraileur
Deore xt Biopace crank with xt bottom bracket
Trek Matrix wheels with Deore lx hubs
Textro canti brakes with Dia compe leavers
Origin 8 post and Brooks b17 saddle