Went for a long ride to have lunch with XC204 & Oldgreaser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yesterday I took Club29 out for a ride I've wanted to do for a long time.

The Route.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...=dpe&mrsp=3&sz=13&via=1,2,3&t=m&z=11&lci=bike

Started at the park in the neighborhood.

14 miles of street riding got me here. The Beginning of Illinois Prairie Path

The path is amazing for the next 22 miles I dont have to worry about traffic... Just ride!:D

Does this shadow make me look fat?;)

Couple for @MplsCoaster :happy:

I tried working on my Randy like timer shots..... No couches this trip:)

Some more timer shots..... Randy makes it look so easy!

Random path shots

Riding over highway 355... that's way out there!

Glen Ellyn Metra stop.

Made it to Two Brothers Brewery...Restaurant only opened on the weekend it's in a light unmarked industrial building.
@XC204 works just down the street... so he rode his cool bike over for lunch. @oldgreaser also come out for lunch.

Couple cool Hot Rods

Had the best cheeseburger ever!
Then went outside to check out Club29
Rik, on a speed run.

Big Thanks! to Gary and Rik for coming out!
Had a short ride with Gary. Really wanted to go check out his work but had to get moving again.

I need to start carrying a camera again the phone battery just can't last all day taking pics.
Even after charging at lunch.
A few more timer shots.... still working on my timing:rolleyes:

Stopped at Starbucks for a really big iced coffee.

Unlocking at Starbucks

Rest time.

DONE!
back where I started.

Feels so good!

My Strava App says (I will post the data soon:cool:) 78.1 Miles

I had a fantastic day riding my bike all day.
The bike worked perfect never even made a funny noise just tires on the pavement all day!

Thanks for looking!

Awesome ride... My kinda day... It's funny though we live in the city & ride over 75 miles & can't get one couch pic... & randy finds these couches in the middle of nowhere... I got an old futon I'm gonna throw out for your next ride... Lol great pics as always...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
The data.^^^^

Skiptons bike is impressive as is he! Had a good lunch and talk with Skipton & Ric ( Oldgreaser)
Then rode back to work.

Nice bike. Man' what a ride. Any chance of putting that route on the calender? I'm up for it on single gear fat tire.

Very impressive!

Thanks Doug!

Skiptons bike is impressive as is he! Had a good lunch and talk with Skipton & Ric ( Oldgreaser)
Then rode back to work.

Thanks Gary,
So glad you came out for your lunch "hour" :rolleyes:
So great to talk with you and Rik. I had a great ride back only made one wrong turn.:)

Nice bike. Man' what a ride. Any chance of putting that route on the calender? I'm up for it on single gear fat tire.

Thanks Tom,
We have done a nice 20+ mile ride down the Fox River Path down to Two Brother Roundhouse in Aurora, IL
Will do it again before the summer is over.

Couches tossed out might be a rural thing. I see them and various recliners thrown out along the back roads in my area, which is very rural. All of them I find are usually in a ditch, creek bank, or up in the edge of a woods nestled in poison ivy. Therefore no opportunities like Randy gets for those great pics.

Last edited:
Thanks Doug!

Thanks Gary,
So glad you came out for your lunch "hour" :rolleyes:
So great to talk with you and Rik. I had a great ride back only made one wrong turn.:)

Thanks Tom,
We have done a nice 20+ mile ride down the Fox River Path down to Two Brother Roundhouse in Aurora, IL
Will do it again before the summer is over.

Looking forward to 20 plus mi ride. Let me know. Love the Pub runs.

78 miles!!!! Impressive!
Cool bike and great pictures, even without a couch.

78 miles!!!! Impressive!
Cool bike and great pictures, even without a couch.

Thanks!
The ride was a lot if fun.
Doing it on a bike I built and just love made it even better. :thumbsup:

It's always cool to see RRBers get together on rides. Double Nickle and I had one this weekend around Savannah.

Wow Skipton! Very cool!
78 miles! You've raised the bar ;)

It looks like so much fun. The time delay shots are great. Thanks for "my" pics :)

That's definitely a shakedown ride.
Thanks for posting your ride
You've proved that you can build a truly unique, stylish, and truly function bike, Congrats :113:

Wow Skipton! Very cool!
78 miles! You've raised the bar ;)

It looks like so much fun. The time delay shots are great. Thanks for "my" pics :)

That's definitely a shakedown ride.
Thanks for posting your ride
You've proved that you can build a truly unique, stylish, and truly function bike, Congrats :113:

Steve,
Thanks for all the positive comments:thumbsup:
You got to ride this bike!.................It's So Smooth!

78 miles is hard core. I know what it feels like doing mileage like that on a 15 lb. road bike, you da man. Whew. Iron taint.

Thanks Pedal Junky!
I seem to found a sweet spot for the seat....... Feels good!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back