Western Flyer Unkown!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Ill be posting this new acquisition (since yesterday). It seems that Western Flyers come in different models and from different makers. I know a lot from Schwinn but I honestly dont have a Darn Clue about Western Flyers other than they were made for WESTERN Auto. If any knowledgeable person could take a look at the bike and tell me what year and factory it is , it will be highly appreciated. All seems original including paint. Just look at the pic. Serial number is R266736.
484631_10151157985167527_104407751_n.jpg
378274_10151157984777527_1788964986_n.jpg
402909_10151157984037527_86125697_n.jpg

The chain guard reads Newsboy Special, and in the frame (tube that provides place for the seat post) a sticker seems to say columb*** can barely read the rest

Ace Of Hearts Cycles said:
The chain guard reads Newsboy Special, and in the frame (tube that provides place for the seat post) a sticker seems to say columb*** can barely read the rest

its a"columbia" news boy special.. I believe a 1951

Wow Thanks, If you know of any serial book or resource it will be appreciated. Thanks. I notice the seat is even a Messinger, Im thrilled but wife is already claiming it :/

Wow Thanks, If you know of any serial book or resource it will be appreciated. Thanks. I notice the seat is even a Messinger, Im thrilled but wife is already claiming it :/

its a great thing though when the wifey is excited about a find as well. share the passion :D

I also like those messenger saddles. I have a few myself :wink:

1speedJam1982 said:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22076

here is a resource thread to id a few bikes :wink:

Nice.!! I see that the columbia 1951 match the serial range.. Thanks for the Help!

no problem. there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. I love it. the majority of what I have learned was here. enjoy the journey :D

Oh you have no Idea, how thrilled i am too. Ive been looking for this frame and i see no other. Talking to a guy who contacted me on FB , i guess they made very few of this models and only in 51 with that type of frame. Crazy.

Oh you have no Idea, how thrilled i am too. Ive been looking for this frame and i see no other. Talking to a guy who contacted me on FB , i guess they made very few of this models and only in 51 with that type of frame. Crazy.

yes sir... Awesome find buddy :wink:

Latest posts

Back