What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean Rowe's searing YouTube cover of Richard Thompson's "1952 Vincent Black Lightning".

I am listening to Japanese traditional kabuki music. I found this video on UNESCO's official youtube channel. They have previously shared some other cultures videos but this one is special because it is about Japanese culture which is my favorite. The interesting thing about kabuki music is that the presentation of this theatre show is quite unique. The performers wear specific dresses along with kabuki face masks in order to make this show more interesting and entertaining.

Awesome 90's style psychedelic grunge rock. I like the voice of the singer, he reminds people of Kurt Cobain. A French Kurt Cobain, since the band is from France.
Their newer album is great too, love it!

Calanadonia for Burnes Night, to go along with the haggis soaked in scotch, raspberries soaked scotch, toasted oats soaked in scotch, cream whipped up with scotch, tattles, neaps, tatty scones, boiled beet greens, smoked salmon patte, blended scotch, single malt scotch and Scottish ale. Nothing like Caledonia playing “Ye ........” with two pipers and five rough looking guys dressed in kilts pounding on homemade drums. The song is an insult or taunt before they kill you so they play it with their backsides facing you. This music is to accompany the haggis being paraded in. Before the haggis we had toasts to the guests, then toast to the haggis, then toast to the person that delivered the dinner grace, then a toast to the lads then the lassies scathing toast to the lads, a toast to Burns, a toast to the cook, a toast to the server, a toast to the dish washer, a toast to the music and a toast to the weather.
https://www.clanadonia.co.uk/

Last edited:
All Rush. All the time. No exceptions. RUSH IS VARIETY, B****ES!
I was fortunate enough to have been to 3 Rush concerts in Chicago, late 1970's. On my 19th birthday coming home from a Rush show at the Aragon Brawlroom we got caught in an ice storm and spent the night in a Camaro on the interstate due to a bus wreck ahead of us. We had supplies :crazy2:.

I was fortunate enough to have been to 3 Rush concerts in Chicago, late 1970's. On my 19th birthday coming home from a Rush show at the Aragon Brawlroom we got caught in an ice storm and spent the night in a Camaro on the interstate due to a bus wreck ahead of us. We had supplies :crazy2:.
Always have winter supplies, you’re smart. I have a surplus flight suit, heavy boots, sleeping bag and candles in my kit. If I’m taking the ferry from Detour to Drummond Island in the Lower St, Mary’s River, in the winter, my supplies always include 3 beers/person and a pee jug. The ferry gets about 20 yards from the dock and gets stuck in the ice. You have to wait for the Coast Guard ice breaker to get the ferry un stuck. Three beers is perfect, you have to have the beer supply both ways. The kids on the school bus have to become creative waiting for the Coast Guard. I learned this trick from the people that live on the Island year round. Always be prepared.
6705E990-3608-41BA-8995-8CCD3379D99F.jpeg
48AF3BF9-D15F-4427-A9A8-8CE5B5937322.jpeg

Last edited:
I had this on for a few hours yesterday, AKA the power of suggestion:

Their moving Pictures Tour stopped in Anaheim and I was fortunate enough to be there. I have not been to a ton of shows, but many have been memorable. My youngest brother has seen them 16 times.

I had this on for a few hours yesterday, AKA the power of suggestion:

Their moving Pictures Tour stopped in Anaheim and I was fortunate enough to be there. I have not been to a ton of shows, but many have been memorable. My youngest brother has seen them 16 times.

Moving Pictures was my 1st Rush concert and 1st concert ever as a kid. Neil Peart is the reason I started playing drums when I was 12. All through middle and high school my friends called me a "Rush Head." I saw every Rush concert from every tour after that up until their final. I've seen them 35 times. Yes you can say I'm obsessed! 😛

Latest posts

Back