What bike frame is this old motor bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this a few years ago, it come with a Schwinn flat blade type fork.
1653012969840.png

Found out it a Roadmaster 1940-41, and it is a motor bike I road one like it back in the 50's. Generator is cut out so the armature runs against the tire, they where fun about 20mph or so, 5/8hp Briggs washing machine motor. I am going to get it going this winter....Curt

Thanks for the picture, same fork and bars, will have to see if I can fix the fork to useable condition. You are right about the clutch, if I remember right it over centers to stay up, also has screen door spring to pull the generator down.........Curt

ANYBODY Have some old rusty sprockets, crank, and goose neck, I could by for it?........Curt

Amazing 80 year old bike and I got the pedal off and the crank apart. Bike serial number is H64155, Would that be June of 41? 4 months older then me, LOL...........Curt
CWC didn't have a month code, the letter dictates the year and range of months it was produced.

With the H it is either ~'41 or '46. Since it doesn't have dropstand tabs, that eliminates '41. So, it's a '46.

The tabs at the bottom of the dropout were pre-war...
DSC_0008-Copy~2.jpg

Update, I had the fork blasted now setting outside rusting.

Took the generator to electrical/mechanical shop, helped me take it apart and put new bearing in it, so that's ready to go.

Also working on the motor, and got it all apart. I think it is going to run after I get it all cleaned up, some mars on the crank shaft, but put it in my lath and polished it. Next step is to soak the block and get it cleaned up, here is a picture of the bike when I first got it, you can see how it turned the tire.
1658068738941.png

Latest posts

Back