What do all these builders have in common? THEY WON THE.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
OddJob Award for Most Ratisfying Rat Rod !

This group of patrons of the patina, connoisseurs of crustiness, and revelers of rustification have all won the OddJob Award in previous RRB Summer Build Offs. The prize is a copy made from the original ad in the March 1964 issue of Hot Rod Magazine for the Weird Ohs model kits. I own the original ad page, and make the copies and then age them with a patented 'coffee aging' process to bring out that vintage paper look. It's appropriate for tacking up on your garage wall, sticking to the fridge, or dart board target.

20160801_082610.jpg
20160801_082817.jpg

20615285_1963891730303643_790611584_o.jpg

I've already started searching through the build journals for this year's contestants. Will you find your name on this list after August 7....? RaT oN!

@idiotboy , @macncheese , @Vin-New , @Waldo Jeffers , @Hunter Cummins , @Georgeediii , @Scribble , @Falstaff , @metalchewy , @G-Matt , @Missing Link and Mrs Link.

Last edited:
I'm honored to be on that list :) no chance this year cuz my bike has shiny paint but whoever does get chosen is in good company! thanks OddJob

I'm honored to be on that list :) no chance this year cuz my bike has shiny paint but whoever does get chosen is in good company! thanks OddJob
Yep, all your build is missing this year is a little 'frosting on the cake'.....a frosting of rust that is! :bigsmile:
Loved your build again. The monochromatic look with the non-black tires really works well! And that tank insert is sweet.
RaT oN!

I had The Digger. It was a nice change from my usual AMT models.

Here's me at my desk / creative station with a few of mine on the shelves. That chimney was always a warm spot to sit and work in that farmhouse attic bedroom. The box I'm sitting on is the vent for the furnace....

Leedesk.jpg

My great grandfather's brother - Richard Hawk - started this particular company in Chicago back in the 1920's. He sold it to the Testor's Company which I'm sure all of you are familiar with. Even though the company was out of his ownership by the time I was born, we always had Hawk kits around the house. My dad was a mechanic and epic tinker/builder and he had an entire bookcase of completed Hawk kits. I only built a few Hawk sets myself but my favorite were the WWII German planes, lol. I also built a few Weird-Ohs including the "Wade A. Minut" or something like that since my name is "Wade". I think I also built a dragster.

My great grandfather's brother - Richard Hawk - started this particular company in Chicago back in the 1920's. He sold it to the Testor's Company which I'm sure all of you are familiar with. Even though the company was out of his ownership by the time I was born, we always had Hawk kits around the house. My dad was a mechanic and epic tinker/builder and he had an entire bookcase of completed Hawk kits. I only built a few Hawk sets myself but my favorite were the WWII German planes, lol. I also built a few Weird-Ohs including the "Wade A. Minut" or something like that since my name is "Wade". I think I also built a dragster.
Wade, that is really cool! Thanks for sharing that bit of history about my favorite models ever!

I had the 5 that you see on the shelf above my desk, and 3 or 4 others on my brother's side (directly behind mine, other side of the chimney). The Wade.A. Minut stopwatch guy is on his side!

I have a table top book about Bill Campbell, the artist who designed and drew the sketches for the models. Huge fan!
Thanks again for posting this.

Great OJ I still have mine [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scribs, this is referring to those that have won the award in the 'past'. Not this year's winners. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh I see :bigsmile: got a little ahead of my self.

Latest posts

Back