What handlebars are these?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ab630733236b872e8665c9c80361fb1d.jpg
Hey all,

I am new here and this is my first post. I just picked up a sportmaster cruiser bike today that I am planning on doing my first rat build on. I can't find a lot of info on that particular bike. I am going to create a thread later with good pictures of the bike...I just put my girls down for a nap so i will sneak out and get pictures. anyways, I came across this picture on the internet today and i must say I love the look of these handlebars. I would like to know what they are, or where I can get some of the low bars like this for my build. thank you all and I look forward to posting my pictures this afternoon and starting my build.

thank you, even if anyone knows where I can get bars that look close to this style i would love to hear it. I'm going to be starting my first build so I might not be able to modify them like that

You'd be surprised what gets done with minimal tools and some good questions I don't think those were complicated it involves a pipe cutter ($12) and a way to rescure the bars.
I beleave his are adjustable.
Hopefully he can point you to the link of how he did it.

thanks! if any of you are interested, i just posted some pictures of a bike i picked up today which will be my first rat bike build

These could be called indian style boardtrack handlebars. You can buy fully adjustable ones for around $150, or if you can find the right clamps make them yourself. Alternatively some people just weld them.

Welcome aboard the rat pack . Your looking Board tracker style bike . Looks like the bars were flipped & shorted to me . But the cool thing of building it , is that there is not a right or wrong way . As long as it looks good to you that's all that maters .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is possible the Renaissance Man bike . If so he would know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Gbarnes90 . Welcome to the forum!

That bike is called Southern Flyer. Here's a link to the page where I first showed the bars in the build process. Here's a link to the finished bike.

I didn't spend a lot of time explaining them then, but the pictures tell the tale. Basically they where made by using a couple of bars with the bends that I liked and four seat post clamps. I had the clamps welded together but I believe that it would probably work by simply bolting them together assuming that they would tighten up enough to be safe.

Good luck with your build, looking forward to seeing it!
Jim

thank you all for the replies! @The Renaissance Man that bike is beautiful! i couldn't tell it was multiple pieces...It looked like 1 solid bar, i love the shape and angle but i would prefer it to be 1 solid bar, so now i have to try and figure out how to achieve it

thank you all for the replies! @The Renaissance Man that bike is beautiful! i couldn't tell it was multiple pieces...It looked like 1 solid bar, i love the shape and angle but i would prefer it to be 1 solid bar, so now i have to try and figure out how to achieve it
That would be simple... Take bars u like the top center profile of, cut them to length, then possibly with the remnants try find where you wnt the to sit.
Find a local welder or technical school.
Enjoy your new bars..
The adjustment feature is cool as it give you style options

Last edited:
it was a good trip today. if you want to see more pictures of the bike when i got it yesterday vs today i have a thread under bike id and valuation...titled sportsmaster? help! i got a cool headlight today as well i am hoping to find a way to mount it to the front fender...bracket will need modified or i will need to find a new bracket

it was a good trip today. if you want to see more pictures of the bike when i got it yesterday vs today i have a thread under bike id and valuation...titled sportsmaster? help! i got a cool headlight today as well i am hoping to find a way to mount it to the front fender...bracket will need modified or i will need to find a new bracket
Feel free show us pics if want suggestions.... We got lots :) I have been follow both threads as I have interest in that frame style. I don't get a fork but I really think the Chevron shaped reflectors are awsome, same with the odd one in front...
Very cool bike and great one to introduce yourself to a good hobby.

Latest posts

Back