what have I got here? (50's schwinn)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and today's craigslist score is -

possiblejaguar.jpg

possiblejaguar2.jpg

possiblejaguar3.jpg

He told me it's a jaguar, but I doubt it. However, the chainguard is different from my 66, and the fender bracket is completely different from both my '66 typhoon and my unidentified model '57. Serial number is H320806, and it's on the rear dropout. I looked on one of the data-dases, which led me to believe that it is possibly as '51, but I'm so new to this hobby I don't really trust my intuition.

Bottom line is that at 25 bucks I'm a happy camper regardless of model, but I'd love to know what it is.

Anyone know what I've got here?

Nice score. The name may be visible on the chain guard, it looks like it has some of the original blue under there.

^ yes ^

after looking at pics of 63's, and looking at the chainguard more, I am about 99.9% certain that this is a Schwinn American.

I'm assuming that this is a cheaper model, like a typhoon or something?

pjc5150 said:
^ yes ^

after looking at pics of 63's, and looking at the chainguard more, I am about 99.9% certain that this is a Schwinn American.
I'm assuming that this is a cheaper model, like a typhoon or something?

A standard American with painted fenders, as opposed to the Deluxe American, with chrome fenders and probably a rack and light. -Adam

Latest posts

Back