What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of my stable consists of middleweight and "lightweight" Schwinns, so I always forget how much WORK this thing is to ride...
20210714_105659.jpg
20210714_105628.jpg
20210714_103442.jpg

Took this for a quick spin after airing the tires. About two maybe three minutes and your legs are done. It's a workout for sure. Can you see why?View attachment 161245

GC.
Off set wheels.

I have 4 bikes like that. 3 I built, 4th arrived later on. And I have a Magna full suspension with coaster brake that I ride around the neighborhood quite often that is bomb proof.

Raleigh M40 Rodeo bike by rickpaulos

Next Shocker rodeo bike by rickpaulos

Free Spirit 20" rodeo bike by rickpaulos

FOX.circus.bike (1) by rickpaulos

IMG_5699 by rickpaulos

Had these out for the Forth of July (USA Independence celebration day).

97 Scholumbia Superb on its shakedown run. Built it for mate from a frame with predominantly late model Schwinn parts but now its mine as he lost interest. Will probably add some fenders and other bits to it. 33 pounds of USA repro goodness. Rides sweet and surprisingly fast.
sch1.jpg

97 Scholumbia Superb on its shakedown run. Built it for mate from a frame with predominantly late model Schwinn parts but now its mine as he lost interest. Will probably add some fenders and other bits to it. 33 pounds of USA repro goodness. Rides sweet and surprisingly fast.View attachment 164782
Are those Electra Cafe Cruiser bars? I have a set like that waiting for me to build the right bike...

Went to my local tuneup ride spot for some rips down the hill, which I've been doing a few times a week along with trips to the pump track as I did yesterday. Rode The Big Orange Machine and was having good runs on largely deserted trails. On a trip to my truck to get some water, I noticed a familiar van (other than the TN plates) with some very Western Colorado stickers adorning it. There was a youngster about ten years old on the side I passed and he was gearing up to ride. Then I saw the driver, an older gentleman gearing up on the other side of the van. I asked how someone from TN could have such Western CO stickers on it? He stopped, looked at me, asked my name and as soon as I heard his voice I said, "You know who I am, Joe. What the heck are you doing with TN plates on your van?" Joe Rusk is a Grand Valley and Western Colorado OG Mountain Bike Legend and an inspiration to many. I've said it many times over the years since first meeting Joe in 1995, I want to be like Joe Rusk when I grow up...he just turned 80 and is still riding.

20210716_124251.jpg

Last edited:
Are those Electra Cafe Cruiser bars? I have a set like that waiting for me to build the right bike...
Sure are. Cheap and comfy. I pulled 2 from parts bikes and bought another new for $15. I have them on my 51 Panther too.

“....It’s 17 miles to Orange lot and back. I’ve got an empty stomach, a middleweight bike, it’s storming and I’m wearing neon......

HIT IT!!!!!!” 😎

Galloping Ghost did great!!!! I’m not used to the geometry on that bike. Need to lift the seat. Quads and ham’s are smoked!!!!

Even with the rain, the lake was beautiful. You can barely make out the Syracuse skyline in the first lake pic’’....
FD1E9AD2-5021-4929-97D5-106486667CCE.jpeg
5296CACF-8D82-4DD2-8EFA-4FAFF8880338.jpeg
1D2B638F-46EE-4665-A0B3-F1CBCF2921BB.jpeg

Re-Cabled, Tires/Tubes, Victor Rat Traps, and Scott grips otherwise OE. It fits and rails for what it is, but not having compact geo in the dirt is definitely a speed hindrance to me. Even so, it's fun and fits, so I'll be holding onto it for a while. Took it to the tuneup spot for a shakedown and all is well. Sprayed the dust off after getting back. I'm not much of a fan of green bikes, but this particular 1987 Schwinn Cimarron LE green/gold paint is really cool.
20210719_145738.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back