What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20210707-194404_Gallery.jpg

My 87 Schwinn Sierra.

Another day riding Capitan Terror and having lots of fun...

Paved pump tracks are fun on just about anything with wheels. I try to hit them up in off-peak hours though because little kids riding willy-nilly at them scare me with their unpredictability and failure to realize that 250lbs of rider and bike at 25mph can literally kill them. Is there an unspoken etiquette, or posted rules at that pump track?

Paved pump tracks are fun on just about anything with wheels. I try to hit them up in off-peak hours though because little kids riding willy-nilly at them scare me with their unpredictability and failure to realize that 250lbs of rider and bike at 25mph can literally kill them. Is there an unspoken etiquette, or posted rules at that pump track?
There is a sign with rules at the track, but you are right. When we started it was only us three and it was pure fun. But later a large group of kids arrived and I had to stop, as it became a bit to stressful....

Yes. The mid way point. Wish the ride was a bit longer. I hear there is one that is more of a pub crawl in Longmont. Havent gotten info on it yet.
Literally in my neighborhood. I can coast from Sunset to my place.

Some locals extend the ride on Wednesdays and hit a taproom or two on their own after getting back in downtown, or from the Sunset stop.

I've heard of the pub crawl one, but have never gone on it.

Latest posts

Back