What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather man said it was done raining, he lied.
8C1DFD38-FA22-4F41-A5AE-6E86342F31D8.jpeg

Now I remember why I don't usually take this dog on the city paths.
IMG_20210924_124507829.jpg
IMG_20210924_121818131.jpg

I'm filthy, covered in mud, because the darned thing keeps veering into every construction site and following every game trail it passes.
Also had my first OTB incident in about 7 or 8 years. The last one was down a flight of stairs, so at least it wasn't that bad.

Ford Prefect was only half correct: Always carry a towel . . . and a set of velcro straps with D-rings. A hungry beaver has apparently taken a liking to the Sweet Birch (Betula lenta) trees along the upper side of a trail I frequently ride. Someone cleared the trail of one of the larger trees that had fallen, and I've been tempted the past couple of times to help myself to an off-cut. Today I did so, strapping a chunk on the rack of my Specialized Crossroads. It was heavy, but I didn't have any trouble with balance on the 13km ride back to the car. I've already squared the ends and cut it into equal length halves, to be turned on my lathe for rustic Christmas gifts for a couple of family members.

Birch log.jpg

This is what I rode today around a new small tarmac track that was built for people to ride I guess to safely ride around to train on out of the way from pedestrians and traffic, steel frame of good quality unknown brand or age, the fork is alloy, its my commuter or go to bike if I'm in a hurry, nice and light and nimble, 16/44 ratio which is nice for cruising but good also to get your sprint on
IMG_20210925_143316.jpg

Beautiful almost fall like weather today (unusual this early in Savannah), so I went on another calorie ride today with Speed Demon.

Red Grips, White Tires, and Blue Ribbon Beer.

20210925_154328.jpg

Last edited:
Rode this today, Scott nitrous 20,I think it's a 2005 model, I've only had it a couple years and haven't taken it for a proper ride, I got it with stuffed Hayes hydro brakes and rear cassette needs replacing, has nice Saint cranks and e-thirteen bash guard, plush? This thing rides like a caddy, like I said haven't really riden it but did a couple 2-3foot drops and so smooth on the landing it's no joke
IMG_20210926_095300.jpg

Rode this today, Scott nitrous 20,I think it's a 2005 model, I've only had it a couple years and haven't taken it for a proper ride, I got it with stuffed Hayes hydro brakes and rear cassette needs replacing, has nice Saint cranks and e-thirteen bash guard, plush? This thing rides like a caddy, like I said haven't really riden it but did a couple 2-3foot drops and so smooth on the landing it's no jokeView attachment 174075
That's proper 👍

That's proper 👍
Yup it's a keeper for sure, I read some reviews of the time when it came out and mostly positive reviews, this bike is actually in very good condition for its age so whoever had it didn't thrash hard out on it or they were super smooth at riding, the seal on one side is leaking but no biggy

Broke out my old US made 97 Cannondale M700 ridge mountain bike, this the first bike I bought new 24 yrs ago. I still have the receipt!
I've converted it to a variety of different 700C & 26" setups over the years, Currently running with 650Bs as a 1x8 trail bike for moderate trail riding, No jumping with these bars!!!!! It's great to get out on the old classic which has none of it's original parts left on it, all changed out and upgraded overtime. Love this aluminum frame/cromo fork frameset!

View attachment 173878View attachment 173879
They're called Crazy Bars by Velo Orange

If I may ask...what app are you using in the top photo with the Under Armor logo...and what does it do?

Is it this?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/map-my-fitness-by-under-armour/id298903147
Looks like maybe this?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/map-my-ride-by-under-armour/id292223170
How do you like it?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If I may ask...what app are you using in the top photo with the Under Armor logo...and what does it do?

Is it this?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/map-my-fitness-by-under-armour/id298903147
Looks like maybe this?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/map-my-ride-by-under-armour/id292223170
How do you like it?
Thanks in advance.
Yes it's Map My Ride, uses the GPS on you phone to track your rides. If you edit the ride it allows you to add a pic from ride. Good app!

Last edited:
Took HEXtreme out for a ride yesterday and ended up at the Roller Disco (turn sound on).

Latest posts

Back