What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20211221_194523.jpg

At our annual Williamsport, MD Christmas Lights Ride last week. I'm the old guy on the left, my ride is a '59 Corvette.
20211215_183215.jpg

The rest of our party was my daughter on her '77 Collegiate, my son on my '68 Speedster BMX cruiser, and his girlfriend on the Free Spirit 3-speed I keep in the fleet as a loaner.
20211215_194637.jpg

It didn't occur to me till too late that I never got any pics of the Corvette by itself.

Attendance was down this year... some years we have been up over 40 deep, this year we were around 25.
20211215_220056.jpg

Hitting the slopes for a couple of hours with the lil Thundrrrs on my og GT Snowracer. More ice than snow this year makes for deadly conditions.
IMG_20211227_143824839.jpg
Didn't leave until both boys were crying, one was bleeding from him's face and the other couldn't remember him's name. Parenting win

Say, those are some nice bikes and look at that dark purple V8 ute. I've been turned by the 2JZ over the past couple of years. Oh, if my dad were still alive he'd disown me. Just learned where ute comes from:doh:

Say, those are some nice bikes and look at that dark purple V8 ute. I've been turned by the 2JZ over the past couple of years. Oh, if my dad were still alive he'd disown me. Just learned where ute comes from:doh:
Thanks dude, We love our Ute's in Australia. We also have our own Australian version of the 2JZ, the Ford 'Barra' engine.
DOHC 4ltr straight 6. Awesome peice of engineering.

Thanks dude, We love our Ute's in Australia. We also have our own Australian version of the 2JZ, the Ford 'Barra' engine.
DOHC 4ltr straight 6. Awesome peice of engineering.
Those Barra engines are pretty ......, gives the 2jz a run for its money. I've been watching the Skidfactory channel on YouTube lately and they love that motor. Check out this Bedford van they stuffed one in.

Rode The Big Orange Machine in the dirt with a friend. From our high point on the ride we could see the beginnings of the current conflagration near Superior. Blustery Day over here on Colorado's Far Side.

No pics, just riding.

Edit: @Palepainter how are you faring with the fires?

Last edited:
Rode The Big Orange Machine in the dirt with a friend. From our high point on the ride we could see the beginnings of the current conflagration near Superior. Blustery Day over here on Colorado's Far Side.

No pics, just riding.

Edit: @Palepainter how are you faring with the fires?
We were on the fringe of evacuation. Never got the notice other than, prepare. All good.

It's hard to convey the scale of this bike in photos. It's really big. But so am I.

1b.jpg

It's not as heavy as it looks. The wheels are, but the fenders are plastic and they are great for all the wet weather we are experiencing this summer. I've ridden this bike in the rain a lot.

The elaborate lighting is about where I ride it at night during the summer.

The local bike path winds through a few miles of sub tropical coastal jungle - and back. It's a green corridor in a sea of steel and tile roofs. Once it was nicely landscaped - now, the verges of the path are kept clear and the native flora and fauna have moved back in to the waterways. Including the huge Orb weaver spiders and the occasional snake. The spiders are nota real worry - a face full of the webs is ... unpleasant.

And I think they (lights) look cool.

1c.jpg

I sorted out a holder for the 12v power cell - phone case riveted to the race plate - and added more Kustom accents.

3.jpg

The expanding dish on the carrier and the water bottle are for the dawg.

4.jpg

Latest posts

Back