What's cooking?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thought this might drive some engagement. I have the feeling we have quite a few folks that enjoy a good meal and I'm sure quite a few like myself that really enjoy cooking and time in the kitchen

I'm sure our resident grill master Jake Sensi will be along at some point

Soooo...............what are you cooking? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, special occasion.........

🥘🥗🥞🥐🥙🥓🥑

Breakfast this morning was my go to. A nice healthy smoothie

Blueberries
Spinach
Pomegranate juice
Banana
Hemp hearts
Bee pollen
Collagen powder
Super greens
Super reds
Creatine

Dinner tonight is something my girls call Hashbrown Crack

Frozen hash browns
Canned corn
Green chilies
Cream of mushroom soup
Shredded cheese
Browned ground turkey

Pre cook the turkey and combine everything else except the shredded cheese in a crockpot low and slow. Add cheese right at the end

Season to taste

Last weekend I made a thick cream of ham & potato soup. The weekend before I made cheese sausage balls. The smoker is coming out soon, I need some fresh hickory chunks. I'm retiring real soon and plan on taking some culinary arts courses at the local college during the winter.

Last weekend I made a thick cream of ham & potato soup. The weekend before I made cheese sausage balls. The smoker is coming out soon, I need some fresh hickory chunks. I'm retiring real soon and plan on taking some culinary arts courses at the local college during the winter.
Good stuff

Out smoker gets a lot of use

For dinner I brined a beef shoulder in pepperoncini overnight. It's getting a garlic olive oil coating and a dry rub of Italian seasoning before going on the green egg

Wife loves this. One of her favorites

Breakfast:
Three Costco dogs...microwaved with shredded cheese. Topped with miracle whip light and ketchup. No buns, just fork...keep'n it classy.

Lunch/Dinner:
First course...
One handful whole natural almonds complimented with a can of low sodium V8 juice, with a liberal dose of Gringo Bandito pepper sauce (shaken not stirred). Served with a mozzarella stick.
Second course...
One handful baby cut (not petit cut!) carrots complimented with a can of V8 Fusion Energy light Pomegranate Blueberry. Served with a mozzarella stick.
Desert...
Two bananas with a can of V8 Fusion Energy diet Strawberry Lemonade.

I think we are in different realities, Cap. :bigsmile:

That lunch/dinner is what I have taken to just about every work night for 8+years. :grin:
My dad worked for General Motors for 47 years and my mom swore he took the same lunch everyday either a peanut butter or egg salad sandwich on wheat bread, homemade pickles or pickled beets, and sliced pepper jack cheese. That and about a gallon of Folgers coffee per day

A full serving of fruits and veggies!

Spicy V8 is loaded with salt. Low Sodium V8 is about as bland as you get. So, I rotate through various enhancers (Tobacco, Gringo Bandito, Tapatio, Cholula, etc) and end up with way less sodium and way more flavor.

I seriously don't know why they don't co-brand...I think both sides would see nothing but upside.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back