What's your "go-to" bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride a modified 26" Chicago electro-forged frame with the original 27" wheel size. The only original parts are the frame, fork, and kickstand. Everything else is not Schwinn anymore but even more enjoyable in my book. Absolutely my favorite bike. I have lighter, faster big frames at home but I still ride this bike a lot.
I still like the lighter/faster bikes more, but for town purposes really like the electro-forged Schwinns. Modded out to fit a rider's needs, they are largely unbeatable IMO.

I try to ride all my bikes, but this is my "go to" bike...

Attachments

• IMG_8814(1).jpg
    IMG_8814(1).jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 53
My everyday rider. From Giant of course, I Need Street. It's a nice riding seven speed city bike. All original except the saddle. (I asked Santa for a matching Brooks toolbag.) It was a beautiful day on our Greenway Trails the other weekend.

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

And of course we had to counteract all the exercise with a nice post ride snack at our neighborhood wine bar.

IMG_4424.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4415.jpg
    IMG_4415.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 42
Good question. I have many bikes for varied uses, a cycletruck when I need one, a vintage or two when the occasion calls for it, a couple of freak bikes of different types, but my go-to is The Glider. Nice amount of stretch, three speed Nexus, comfortable for several miles around town.
IMG_1329.JPG

My everyday rider. From Giant of course, I Need Street. It's a nice riding seven speed city bike. All original except the saddle. (I asked Santa for a matching Brooks toolbag.) It was a beautiful day on our Greenway Trails the other weekend.

View attachment 178989

View attachment 178990

View attachment 178992

View attachment 178995

View attachment 178996

View attachment 178997

View attachment 178991

And of course we had to counteract all the exercise with a nice post ride snack at our neighborhood wine bar.

View attachment 178998
Cool frame, sweet colour combo. I like

I have 4 bikes and they all are good,
MTB w/slicks for the hilly, paved 21 mile bike trail at KKK state park.
26" BMX with flat bars for around the neighborhood .
'74 huffy cruiser for the nostalgic rides.
20" BMX for playing in the alley, behind the house. Can't pick just 1.
I have given alot of thought about if I could only have 1. Today I am no closer to an answer to that question.

I don't care to label this bike any type of champion of one thing. 1992 Murray Sabre with 4 piece bars, bmx stem, and hookworms. Great to cruise on, upgraded stamped steel canti brakes to a full new v-brake system and that hauls her down. The seat was donated by a stumpjumper and i added the aluminum post too. Upgraded the nutted rear axle to skewer maybe just because the axle is hardened now and less likely to bend like nutted does. I don't know what the limits of safety are for this bike, still haven't called this build done.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 24
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 26
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 24
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 28
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 27
Lately I ride the Bridgestone RB-2 I fixed up a few months ago the most. It's turned out to be quite enjoyable, even more so than the RB-1. I think I'm enjoying the retro downtube shifters the most.

Latest posts

Back