Wheelman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up a few minutes ago. The headbadge reads "wheelman Chattanooga Tennessee". The front wheel is 26"... Didn't even check to see what the rear was...

Anyway...I have no idea where to start with this one:bigsmile:
IMG_20170923_201911590.jpg
IMG_20170923_201911590.jpg

Mustache bars would get a sweet look, but you would probably hit your knees. Mabe a extra long stem and the flat (no drop) mustache bars. Heck it's cool just like it is. You got the only one on the bolck I'm sure. I'd like to see a kid ride it, wouldn't be fast but I bet it's a kick to ride, and slightly dangerous. After one face plant you would have it figured out. Nice find for sure.

He my have the only one on the block, but not the only one on the forum. I have one of those! Well, the bulk of it, at least...the front wheel was already horked. Rear wheel is 12.5". I think these may have been promotional items, as there is little info about the bikes made in this size. The genuine Wheelman sported a 36" front that Coker also uses on its Monster Cruiser and oversize uni.

I need a front tire...I think I'm going by the scrapyard this morning and see what they have... Finding a rear tire might be a booger though

I went by the scrapyard this morning... They had a kids bike with 12.5 tires (there were several other kids bikes, but they all had 12" tires that were dry rotted). I asked him to sell me the front tire/wheel and he wouldn't since it was a complete bike...I had to buy the entire bike.
Ended up with a pretty princess bike (complete) a 26" tire wheel (only wanted the tire) and a brake lever/cable/brake assembly from an old ten speed... Spent $7 :bigsmile:

pretty cool, too bad ringling bros. closed the tent. how hard is it to ride one of these?
I was at the Get-a-grip show in Cleveland TN a couple years ago and rode one of these... I'm not sure if it had a 26" front tire or a 36" (don't remember). It had a set of apes that came up to about my shoulders... It was awkward...I rode it a few feet and returned it to it's owner:bigsmile:

I had about decided that this was going to be a "puller" situation... :21:
I do appreciate the heads up about them being called "lollipop bearings" as well.

this is heading me down the right road.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back