Where are they now???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to pull a "markm" and use the frame from my klunker project 'Mudklunk' for the current buildoff! :lol: I tweaked the first frame seriously out of whack, and don't have the time to fix it plus work out narrower wheels, etc. Mudklunk was really a non-project anyway, it didn't need anything to be a klunker really! ~Adam

i can send you the full size image through u send it i think. or maybe i can just enlarge the size on photobucket? that was taken at full rez for kickstand when they asked me to send pics of my bikes. but they said because my truck was in the back it made the bike go away in the photo. i still like these better.

i agree but they wanted me to shoot them sitting in front of a white background. oh well i wanted them to use the higgins anyways but i am still happy i am sorta kinda almost but not really at all famous :lol:

I want it for my desktop, this one....
pics020.jpg

My RRBBO3 bike the "Rust Rat" is alive and well and gets ridden often. I put the big cream tires on it since the RRBBO3, and its become one of my most ridden bikes. With the high presure tires (60 lbs), springer fork ,bent seatpost, springy Brooks B66 seat, and 2 speed kickback, it rides sooooo nice. I will get it cleaned up and put into the up coming Coasters BC show "The Art of the Bicycle" here in a couple of weeks.
pedcar052.jpg

I've built Burritos, LWB recumbents, choppers, but this is the bike that gets the most reaction from people. This thing is so low, the TOP of the head tube is about knee high...... Snot Rocket, from the space bike build off. Gets ridden at least once a week.
001-25.jpg

Finally got the Partridge off the hook to take a together pic. The 3spd has got a NOS leather seat from a Czech bike build in the '70's. Mountain bike bar extension trick moved the seat back. The Klunker got a new Cloud 9 seat and a WIDE set of bars a neighbor got me for helping with his car. 3spd gets an occasional run, nothing over 6 miles and the Klunker sees regular action as a commuter and the weekly quarry run.

rrbobikes001.jpg

From the RRBB0 3, Gas Pipe special, still going strong as my new daily rider. I had a bike accident at the beginning of summer and tore the muscles in the small of my back so no more tall seat posts and low bars for a while (and definitely no fixies or rigid carbon fiber frames either). I made a few minor changes to make the bike easier on my back until it has healed. Threw on a set of Spaceliner handlebars and changed the gear shifter to make it easier to use. I plan on re-routing the gear cable through a section of steel brake line to clean it up a bit but the pulley system works well for now.

P1030598.jpg

P1030605.jpg

Well I still have all my build off bikes, this one is from the Klunker buildoff, it started out as a Raleigh single speed cruiser[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/repack.jpg[/img]And then from the 3rd Build off is Back Alley Sally which started out as a 64 Sears Three speed from Austria[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/shedone001.jpg[/img] And last one I built Boardfeather... I am still trying to get the shifters dialed in :cry: [img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/boardfeather.jpg[/img]

37fleetwood said:
I went for a ride the other day and decided to ride Godzilla. while riding I was wondering, where are all the bikes from the build off's of the past?
here's Godzilla as of this past Sunday's ride in Long Beach May 3, 2009.
long beach california?

SnotRocket................SOLD!

RUNVS....Been using it.
014-1.jpg

My RRBO4 "Sweet Liberty" Bike has already been changed-up. Since the only vote I got on the thing was unfortunatley my own vote, I decided to repaint. I really think that I missed the boat during the build-off and did not build a Rat at all. So I wanted to mess around with aging a paintjob and go with a more traditional color. Here is the B4 shot.
Finishedliberty3.jpg
And here it is now.
typhoonrat2.jpg

took Stream-Flex to the cyclone Coaster ride this weekend...
P1030103.JPG

this is from the prior anything goes buildoff. then i just made the deadline of it being rideable, but it needed a lot more work.

at buildoff end

Picture093-2.jpg

now. it just needs paint but i rides so well it's my second favorite right now. i don't want to take it apart. i mean to paint it this winter

bikes001.jpg

Latest posts

Back