Where do you guys get your spokes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called my LBS yesterday, because I needed to get 36 plain jane 14g (2.0mm) stainless spokes for a wheel build, and they quoted me $1.99 per spoke :shock: ! That would add $72 dollars to my wheel build :shock: :shock: !! That's insane!!

What are you guys typically paying for standard SS spokes, and from where??

the last time I bought spokes, I got them from Harris cyclery. I don't recall them costing anywhere near that much.... but that was a few years ago.

Well, they aint SS, but I get my rat spokes from Walmart.
I find a Walmart special that has set out in the weather for one winter, so now its worthless, buy it for less than $20 or get it free, and now I have spokes.

Dans Comp used to be the cheapest around. Niagara Cycle supply is also cheap. And I dont buy cheapo spokes! Wheelsmith SS is what I usually use. :wink:

Good thing I saw this thread. My Columbia actually has a snapped spoke - wheel in dire need of truing because of this. I figured they'd be a pretty hard to get part, if only because old 26" 1.75" cruiser wheels were deceptively sized and won't match up with modern cum deceptive sizes.

I found at the local bike swap one of the low rider aftermarket guys sells spoke for about 11.00-15.00 a set, I think He's got stainless also, I'll be getting spoke from them at the next swap. I have paid about 36.00 bucks for stainless at a Palms Cycle in LA.

If anyone on the site is near Auburn Washington, swing into the Bent Bike motorcycle shop and ask Tony where the cases of spokes are. He has millions of spokes in wooden cases, about 1/2 are bicycle spec. Mostly in 36 or 40 pack bags.

They may have ended up in a scrap metal purge though. They weren't big sellers.

Latest posts

Back