Where to buy wider wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you guys get these wider wheels? What are they, 26" x 4? I think I've found them, but are they really like $250?
I'm new to bike building and love this style!

Thanks for any info and sorry if this has been asked before. Didn't know what to search for.

Here's a few options:

1. Mongoose Beast (Sold at Walmart for $199). It's a complete bike, but you might have to re-build the rear wheel yourself if using a different hub for your frame.
2. The Cruiser Shop. On their web store they sell wide rims that you can build up yourself.. They probably also build complete built wheels.
3. Chopper's R Us. They build complete wide wheels in different colors, but they seem to be always out of stock for some items.
4. Ruff Cycles. They sell complete wheels. But they ship out of Germany. Try The Cruiser Shop first since they are Ruff Cycles dealer in the USA

Thank you so much!
Am I right my saying that most builds I see on here are using the wider rim? Not just your standard beach cruiser wheel? The look wider in pictures.
I see they have 26x3. I've never built a wheel before so that would be fun lol.

Thank you so much!
Am I right my saying that most builds I see on here are using the wider rim? Not just your standard beach cruiser wheel? The look wider in pictures.
I see they have 26x3. I've never built a wheel before so that would be fun lol.

Yea the standard mass produced rim size is about 2.125 inches wide maximum. The 3 inch and 4 inch wide rims are special.

Sorry, what do you mean by using a different hub? If I'm building the frame myself from scratch, would the hub matter?

Oh, yeah if you are building the frame from scratch you don;t need to change the rear hub. Just build your frame so that the stock hub fits.

Latest posts

Back