White letter tires for 26/24" custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So from the vets here who know their tire combos and customs.,

I'm looking for tires for a 24" wheel and 26" wheel.
The specifics are these:
All black, preferably brick tread or slick or something else low tread cruiser style.

The tire in back fatter and the front tire skinnier for that Drag Bike look.
I'm thinking 26x2.125 or 2.35 (Schwalbe) for the rear and 24x1-3/8 for the front.

My issue is this, I'm having a hard time finding a maker thatd do a good tire for both with matching white lettering on the sidewall.
Ideally matching would be first choice but given the vast differences in these tires, I think I'll have to settle on two different labels and probably two different Treads.

What can you guys reccomend?

Erin

Last edited:
GT Smoothie (24 x 2.5…26 x 2.5)

These are all some super suggestions, especially the thick brick/Quick Brick combo, I am however a little limited width wise where these will be mounted on a 1940-'41 Elgin curve mast frame. The rear end even fenderless (which is the plan for that added clearance and drag look) is only so wide closer to the lower fender attachment point. I'm thinking a 26x3 is the widest I could get back there inflated, and that might even be close.

As far as the front, (which will be a little 24" slim tire of whatever width in comparison) has all the flexibility in the world for width going into a fenderless Evan's Action Springer fork. Lots of clearance there.
I'm wondering if this is gonna look too awkward having such a slim tire in that massive fork. .
This is a new consideration.

Erin

Latest posts

Back