Willi Witch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220517_210930.jpg

Today i got the second tube fitted. Mixed the old with a new piece to lenghten it. I put a little piece of tubing inside so it will easier to weld the 2 together
20220517_211828.jpg
20220517_211833.jpg
20220517_211844.jpg

I'll give a few days to see if i change my mind but i think it's a keeper😎

I think it looks good for the most part, but that little bend at the very back just feels... off. Like, towards the front of the frame it's all nice and curved on both tubes, then about halfway through both tubes straighten out in the same spot, and then right at the end, the bottom tube dips down while the top tube remains straight. It's looking good; I just think that slight bend at the back is throwing me off.

I think it looks good for the most part, but that little bend at the very back just feels... off. Like, towards the front of the frame it's all nice and curved on both tubes, then about halfway through both tubes straighten out in the same spot, and then right at the end, the bottom tube dips down while the top tube remains straight. It's looking good; I just think that slight bend at the back is throwing me off.
Thanks for your honest feedback, i really appreciate that. It does have a slight bend just at the end. I wasn't sure about that piece too. It doesnt look bad, but you know...

I'm talking about this bend right here, right at the end of that bottom tube:
View attachment 193722

See how it bends down there, but before then it's relatively straight? That's what I'm talking about.
When I first looked at this on my cell phone I thought yeah it looked bent but then I looked at it on the 27 inch monitor and it looks straight. What you’re seeing is some Reflections and colorations.

I'm talking about this bend right here, right at the end of that bottom tube:
View attachment 193722

See how it bends down there, but before then it's relatively straight? That's what I'm talking about.
Maybe if i shorten it a bit it looks better. I could take off about 5 to 10 mm (i mean 1/4 to 1/2 inch😅). There is a piece of tubing i side where the 2 pieces meet. I can always put it back together again, only need some more welding then.

Latest posts

Back