WINTER BUILD OFF: ~irRATional~ Fe2O3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dug these out of the shed today. Got them a while back. Pretty decent peaked fender set. Not perfect but will work for me. Back one fits pretty good but front will need a little encouragement to fit on the springer.

This thing may also find it's way on the bike somewhere. Hand carved mahogany skull I picked up in Nassau, Bahamas earlier this year. After this cold snap, I wish I was back there now!

the skull and frame colors almost match way Cool

Troy

the skull and frame colors almost match way Cool

Troy

That's what I thought when I saw it. Just had to have it! My wife thought I was crazy until she figured out it would end up on a bike. Probably happy it wasn't intended for the coffee table or dining table as a centerpiece.:D:D

I had fellow member "barnbikes" make me a couple of custom sprockets. Now to decide which one to use, I like them both. I kind of gave him an idea what I wanted, he did the artwork & cut them out with a laser. I couldn't be happier, he does awesome work! This decision will be a hard one for me.

I will also have to decide whether I am going with a regular or skiptooth drive train. If I go with a skippy, I will have some grinding to do to remove every other tooth.

How much does he charge for his sprockets? I want one that's big! I'm talking like 70-75 tooth or more big but biggest I've seen are exercise bikes at 65.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much does he charge for his sprockets? I want one that's big! I'm talking like 70-75 tooth or more big but biggest I've seen are exercise bikes at 65.

Prices are good, not 100% on what he will actually charge you as my deal was a little different with the post to Aust and being a bit of a trial run, best bet is just to ask him... Link: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-is-your-favorite-sprocket.76906/

By the way, he did two 70 tooth sweethearts for me (next to a 42 tooth bmx sprocket)...

10918728964_27fe4fd64c_z.jpg

Luke.

Last edited:
Thanks Skip! That's the one I am leaning toward.

rubsterob: I can't quote you any prices, but I can tell you it was VERY reasonable & VERY well made. He shipped on Monday from MN & I received it in KS on Thursday! Send him a PM with your ideas & he will give you a price. Thanks for lookin guys!

I really dig the sprockets, but when I first saw the 2nd one, it looked like a snaggle toothed Minion. :crazy:

heya pick
does that dude care if i contact him for a sprocket i might need done?
i been thinking of a custom sprocket for my winter buildoff and i think he would be the guy to talk to.
let me know if he is still making them
thanks
sean

Contact RRB member "barnbikes". You should be able to look him up on this site. He is a great guy to deal with!

I'm watching this build! You build awesome bikes, pick :thumbsup: Those are sweet sprockets as well :113:

Back