WINTER BUILD OFF: ~irRATional~ Fe2O3

that's a great looking bike.

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Figured out a good way to rust raw metal pretty quick. My secret recipe: Salt water with a little fertilizer mixed in, put it in a spray bottle, spray the part every once in a while. 2nd day so far & looks pretty good, another day or two should do it. I have a before pic & will post a before & after when I am happy with the finish!

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
I may throw one of these at it & see if it sticks! Not sure yet. Sorry, couldn't figure out how to rotate image to the left.
Low Tech, No Tech "pick"!

Reactions: kingfish254
Jun 21, 2013
Kalispell, MT
how big are they?
if there the size they are on my screen could u use them for big handle bar caps? maybe if u used horn style bars so they hook forward and the skulls are facing forward

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Some kind of alien skulls I picked up on a trip to Mars!:D I'm thinking maybe a 3D headbadge.

May 23, 2009
Augusta, KS
Dr. Pick, Sorry to have to use your REAL name! You and I both know that those are skulls from the Polynesian six thumbed banana squirrels you discovered on your "vacation" to the islands. That is an endangered species friend, and you know it! if you don't use em both, sell me one.:)

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Thanks for the pos comments. I do have an original lense or what's left of one but not sure if I will use it or not yet.

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut
Figured out a good way to rust raw metal pretty quick. My secret recipe: Salt water with a little fertilizer mixed in, put it in a spray bottle, spray the part every once in a while. 2nd day so far & looks pretty good, another day or two should do it. I have a before pic & will post a before & after when I am happy with the finish!
I may use this process on some handlebars for BO9! :113: That sprocket looks great!

Reactions: pick

Staff online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS