WINTER BUILD OFF: ~irRATional~ Fe2O3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may use this process on some handlebars for BO9! :113: That sprocket looks great!

Thanks buddy! It even works better if you spray some vinegar on it every once in a while. I think I have it just about how I want it now. Actually took longer than I thought it would. I will clear coat it before installation.

Dog leg crank & newly rusted sprocket installed.

Still not sure which seat I will use. I set each one on there to try to make up my mind. I like the brooks, but I think I like the rusty metal one better. slowriderz is making me the seatpost I need & I should have it in a few days.

I will scrape up a pair of pedals, stem & bars tomorrow & I hope the chain I have is long enough. If not, I'm basically screwed unless I rob one from another complete bike. Don't want to do that!

Nice work pick! I like the bare metal one a little better, plus that Brooks would be the bees knees on my BO9 bikes! ;):rofl:

SCHWINNRAY69: Thanks! I think I'm leaning toward the metal one too. I like the brooks, but it just don't look right. Who knows it may be available one of these days! If so, you will have the first shot at it.

Skip: Thanks for the comps! I think you & I have a lot of the same likes in bike building. I've learned a lot from watching your builds.

mick5cents: Thanks buddy, I like em crusty!

Lookin' real Real Good Pick!
Maybe give that old Brooks a nice long oil bath and fit it again along the way. I think it would match that wet look at the pointy end of the tank nicely if thats the way you go.
Meantime that bare pan looks just dandy too.

I'm leaning towards the steel pan, it gives a bit more bulk to the midsection, seems to even things out. And it just looks so darn cool. But then again I'm kind of a sucker for anything rusty.

I think I will stick with the rusty pan seat. I agree with you on balancing it out. It's off a boys 24" & a little smaller than a mens seat. I like it though. Spent the day fighting that old crusty monark springer. Think I am close to having it the way I want it.

I got my "bomb proof" seat post in the mail today. Perfect as usual! Thanks Chad for the rush job, you are the man!

Found these pedals yesterday while scrounging through a box in the garage. I think they will do. Also figured out my chain is about 3" too short. May have to bum a few links from Skipton!

Installed trainlight housing on front fender:

Threw a stem & some bars to check out the look. Still have some issues with the springer fork that will have to be worked out. that thing has seen better days!

That's all for now. Thanks for lookin!

Looking good! That seat I waaaaaaayyy back there!

Luke.
Yes sir, the saddle on that post looks perfect! Way back and low, just the way I like it!

*Edit: Funny that Luke and I were typing basically the same thing at the same time!:D

I have long legs. Unfortunately, I also have a bad back! Love the look but not much comfort there. But hey, I'm not riding a marathon on it either. I have the same taste in cars. Rough, loud, rusty & hot.:D

Latest posts

Back