WINTER BUILD OFF: ~irRATional~ Fe2O3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything about this bike is so cool, this thing just epitomizes rat. I love the way that the juxtaposition of parts works so well, mostly because they all look like they've sat in the same field for the past four decades.

Spent a while in the garage tonight since the temp was bearable. May have to make a handlebar change. I found a couple of bars I want to try before making the final decision. BTW the grips I'm using are the modern coke bottle grips that "ifitsfreeitsforme" has for sale. These are nice! Thick & heavy duty. I really like them. Hope to post pics of bar possibilities tomorrow night.

I kind of like these two sets of bars. Flipped of course! The patina of this pair is perfect:

But, I think these would look good flipped also:

Or, I may just stick with the ones on it now. Decisions, decisions.....

I don't think I will be using the mattress & box spring on this build!:D It may come in handy if I get kicked out of the house for being negligent on the honey-do's.

Any suggestions or criticism is welcomed!

Last edited:
I kind of like these two sets of bars. Flipped of course! The patina of this pair is perfect:

But, I think these would look good flipped also:

Or, I may just stick with the ones on it now. Decisions, decisions.....

I don't think I will be using the mattress & box spring on this build!:D It may come in handy if I get kicked out of the house for being negligent on the honey-do's.

Any suggestions or criticism is welcomed!
Buy some sheets and a pillow.:rofl:

Most bars don't really look quite right flipped over except mustache bars and they were meant to be that way... I mean they're ok flipped... but really should be mustache bars if you want the right look... I believe mustache eventually evolved into touring drop bars, but that's just an observation not fact.

Carl.

Someone at some point had something riveted on the back fender (not me). I drilled out the rivets & wanted to cover up the 4 holes. Found this old tag I had so I used it. 1954 was the oldest I had, really would like 1946. Not sure if the pike nuts will stay or not at this point.

Before:

After:

Tried several different bars today, I think I will stick with these:

I think I have my front fork issues figured out now:

& I found a reflector that pretty much matches the condition of the rest of this rat, it also covered up a dent in the fender.

(SNIP)
& I found a reflector that pretty much matches the condition of the rest of this rat, it also covered up a dent in the fender.
Still not digging those spiked nuts, I think some ratty looking acorn nuts would look better.

My buddy Skipton sent me the piece(s) of chain I need to make it work. (more than enough). So that's one more hurdle cleared.

Thanks Skip!

Latest posts

Back