Winter Build Off plans?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm struggling to finish two bikes for the MBBO3 (remind me not to do that again) but I still can't stop planning bikes to build! So I have a couple different frames to chose from and a bunch of crazy ideas and themes...

1. Boat tail speedster trike
2. Hill climber
3. Star Wars Tie Fighter
4. Zombie
5. Leadsled

Maybe even combining one of the types with one of the themes...
Anybody else dreaming yet?

Carl. :android:

I'm going to jump in this time. I have about four builds in the planning stage. I am leaning towards turning my Schwinn american into a Thunderjet using the tank and chain guard. Looking for a head badge. Probably going to be a fairly "traditional hot rod style" with some wild handlebar and headlight combination.

I'm torn between the Star Wars and the Zombie theme, and there's no way I'm doing two bikes at the same time again. The Star Wars bike is a C2C Duster (Apollo), I hate to wait till next years MBBO4 but... The Zombie is a 63' Typhoon, that may end up as my winter rider running homegrown studded tires.

Carl.

Last edited:
So is the winter build off going to be a multiple entries thing? If it is I may do one in each class, I've got ideas, I've got a '49 Mercury screaming for...well traditional '49 Merc. lead sled treatment, or, stripped down hybrid?
I've also got a lot of ladie's and road bike frames just screaming to be melded into something, well, that is neither of those. This could get fun;)
BTW, Carl, every time I look at that little vial of antifreeze on "The Difference Engine" it always make me think of "Re-Animator", so in my book you've kind of done the zombie build, but whatever you build it's going to be cool and unique. I really can't wait 'till this starts.

-Keith

I have my next build planned but don't think i'll be ready for the WBO. I want to resto-mod one of these.

sch75sc.jpg

Plan is to make the comfiest + lightest Schwinn Stingray possible. Bought the first part for it today.

answer_scythe_pro_fork...5_blowup.jpg

I know trying to make one of these light is like peeing in the ocean but I think if I remove all the Ashtabula stuff (forks crank stem) I might get it under 30 lbs.

Sissy bar will add some weight. I plan on making a sissy out of one of these. LBS has one that's been hanging on the wall forever. That's where I got the idea for this build was staring at this fork and thinking about using it for a sissy bar. Then I thought a Scrambler would be the perfect bike to do it on.

IMG_1884-1.jpg~original

Hopefully doesn't make it too much of a monstrosity.

Parts accumulation will take me a while and is one of my favorite things. Could never go wild with the parts as a young kid. I got some things but nothing like an adult with internet + paypal....;-)

Doubtful this would be ready for WBO + winter is parts shopping time for me. Need to try to pace myself on the spending. Hopefully everything materializes in time for one of the builds on here. If not I'll just trow up a thread in the builds section.

I like the idea. Scrambler light please, easy on the Ashtabula...

Carl. :android:

thinking about a bomber build, or a flat tracker kind of bike. keep looking at whats in garage. Also have 1955 Schwinn Spitfire maybe resto-rod it. original black paint (I think) but all the stencils or decals have been retouched with a brush. Ugly. Did come with cool scalloped fenders tho not actually on the bike.;)

I am going to enter my 1910 Indian,Had the frame for about 4 years,had started the project a 2 years ago,and never finished. So I will be ripping it down and do a redo on a half existing bike...
1452330_10151874457379811_1760062451_n.jpg

I got my girlfriends bike I plan on building. I've started scrounging parts for it. Is there an official thread for this yet?

Latest posts

Back