(Winter Build Off) Ratted Out Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, if it is kosher with those in charge of the build off I will enter my Ratted Out Huffy that I started to do over in December even though I missed that there is going to be a winter build off.

Here are a couple shots of it when it got thrown together with my son helping, but sad to say he has lost interest in it.
New%20Ride%202.jpg

It's maiden voyage...

With%20fender%20and%20seat%20post%202.jpg

As it stood at the end of last summer 2013.

Sadly, my 14 yr old has only a little interest in what I'm doing either... He likes it all but eh... it's not a video game. His bike is a chromed Mongoose :eek: BMX...
Boring to me too, so we're even.

So whatcha got planned for the bike Draco?

Carl.

Ok if you go back to the original thread on my Ratted out Huffy (http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ratted-out-huffy.72303/#post-775831) you will see I started a make over of it " dracothered, Jan 2, 2014 "

This is what I did there on that day.
January 2nd, 2014
With a 20 x 3.0 rear tire installed on the rim. Need to true the rim some and maybe open the stays just a little.

20%20x%203%20tire%201.jpg

20%20x%203%20tire%202.jpg

20%20x%203%20tire%203.jpg

20%20x%203%20tire%204.jpg

20%20x%203%20tire%205.jpg

On January 4th, 2014
The front wheel will be replaced with a front wheel from an OCC Stingray that I chopped up for use in other projects. It will also get the same type of tire on the back 24" x 3.0" Flame Tire.
24%20wheel%201.jpg

January 9th, 2014
Disc%20Brake%201.jpg
Here is the Disc Brake assembly that I will use for my rear wheel that is coming.

January 11th, 2014
Disc%20Brake%202.jpg
Here it is on the new wheel that I will use.

Disc%20Brake%203.jpg

Disc%20Brake%204.jpg

The bracket I used was made for a Schwinn style springer front end. But as you can see it fits just fine in the back. I spread the chain stays a little by pounding a couple 2x4's in between the stays and then used a bar clamp to pull in the drop outs so the stays bent back in at the backend some.

New%20Seat%201.jpg

So this is where it is at now. I am going for more of a rat build style so it most likely will not get a fancy paint job which would be hard for me to do now in my shop with how cold it is here in Michigan.

Sadly, my 14 yr old has only a little interest in what I'm doing either... He likes it all but eh... it's not a video game. His bike is a chromed Mongoose :eek: BMX...
Boring to me too, so we're even.

So whatcha got planned for the bike Draco?

Carl.
It is being built Rat style, so it won't get the fancy paint and shinny chrome all over the place...

Personally not a fan of the fender. Looks too short. Do you have a longer one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fender looks fine since it is a 24" wheel, think it would be too short on a 26".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back