WINTER BUILD OFF "STEEL CITY"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here comes the pics guys!!

I started with a 2" fender washer and re-cut the center hole to fit a kick back driver then tacked them together.
be5e2ury.jpg
eduvyva2.jpg

azynuny2.jpg

ta6y2y9a.jpg

Then I used my caliper to measure the chain line offsets.
tutebare.jpg

And used that to determine how much extension I needed. And started cuttin!
uhe2ezu4.jpg
6enyzu9y.jpg

I cut the back of the driver off so it wouldn't bottom out against the jam nuts on the hub.
a6yzajav.jpg

Added the driver bearings and cone to help support the assembly.
esaru9yq.jpg
y7y7uqa4.jpg

And here it is......
qy4y5ajy.jpg
metudyze.jpg

Nito

Last edited:
The axle on the new side is now not long enough to bolt up to a bracket as it normaly would. But I think I figured that out also.

Nito

So with the jack shaft fab complete and moving on to relocating the BB, a funny thing happened. I was moving some parts around the PEDAL WHIPS laboratory and set this fork next to the STEEL CITY build and could not stop thinkin bout it!!!

Next thing I know this happened.....

and this....

then this.....

And then I came too. To the sound of my beautiful wife saying "the entire neighborhood does not love to hear War Pig by Black Sabbath at full blast". And I saw this in the corner...

What I did:
  1. cut off the head tube and mocked it up to a 45* rake
  2. shortened the head tube a 1/2'' to fit the new fork (i'm not using the fork in the above pic but similar.The fork tubes were to big compared to the frame tubing)
  3. extended the down tube
  4. notched for the re-purposed head tube
  5. then mocked up for tack
The forks and bars will be based off of these...

The remaining fab list is long. But i could not not do this
after i saw it! My fab and weld up deadline is next Friday. Leaving 2 weeks for body work, paint and assembly. Most of this is uncharted territory for me but ya gotta start somewhere!!! lol

Back to the lab. Cheers!!!!

Latest posts

Back