Winter Corvette build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I did grips
IMG_20220120_144220659.jpg
IMG_20220120_151454560.jpg
IMG_20220120_153759119.jpg

Leather to because seat and grips need to match

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_164105283.jpg
    IMG_20220120_164105283.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220120_164117116.jpg
    IMG_20220120_164117116.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20220120_164126765.jpg
    IMG_20220120_164126765.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 34
If you need some graphics for a top tube decal - here is my take on it. Redrawn from my girlfriends '63 Corvette. It is not perfect but pretty close to it.

Attachments

• Corvette-toptube.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 65
Very nice dam close
Thanks. I am working on a bunch of Schwinn graphics now for Corvette and later Typhoon for a couple of my projects and i make it all available for free soon.
I could possibly make it even better if i'd have a perfect example of original decal and a good quality photo of it. But i work with what i have, at least i can measure it and make sure the scale is good.

I pulled some files that I've found I can get them nice but when switched to a cut file I loose details.

I think it has to do with the software that you use to create the artwork. As I understand, cutters use vector artwork, which isn't affected by file resolution. If you have to convert it to EPS or PDF to bring it into the cutter as opposed to saving directly, things can go wrong. I used to do pre-press for a printing shop, file format and conversion was always a big thing. Once, someone wanted us to print a gif :rolleyes:

Some chat about it here, maybe someone has prepared artwork they can share

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threa...r-cutter-schwinn-font-vector-graphics.107718/

I use a free software I can usually get a fairly clean file this one here unfortunately spreads to 4 layers of you drop one layer you end up loosing little details that in this situation matter.You can find stingray vectors like crazy but the Corvette is a little harder.I was surprised how hard Schwinn files were to find actually

That's pretty close. I just lack the skills to make it pretty. No art skills at all

I use a free software I can usually get a fairly clean file this one here unfortunately spreads to 4 layers of you drop one layer you end up loosing little details that in this situation matter.You can find stingray vectors like crazy but the Corvette is a little harder.I was surprised how hard Schwinn files were to find actually
I recon it is because there is a good market for Schwinn restoration, so people who spent time on making graphics for them rather earn money on selling decals then share it with the community for free.
Tell me what format do you need exactly and i convert my file and send you.

Pdf actually worked really well it was really clear I'm setting it up to cut it right now. my Cricut used svg
I use a similar machine at home that also runs from svg. Brother Scan'n'Cut CM700. It is a bit stupid because of a "simplified" interface that is supposed to appeal to people with no experience with computer graphics, but ends up to be way more complicated to work with then any professional machine. But at least it is cheap, so i am okay with it :)

How do you like the alignment and scale? Should i fix anything? I did not try it myself yet, just finished the project to send it to you so i didn't test it on a real bike. The foil has some stretch to it so you could have some amount of re-alignment with it, but if you feel like it lacks of a curve or is too big - let me know and i adjust the file.
From the photo above i have a feeling the left star is a bit higher then the tube center line.

Latest posts

Back