WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it, but, sure is nice over in the Muscle Bike Buildoff to have our own subsection...

Carl.
That's what I was waiting for before I started posting

There has been some talk about a mini build-off in the build-off 08 discussion thread to take place towards the end of the year (November-January?), when it is winter up there and summer down here in Aust, just thought I would move it here so as not to clutter up that thread with talks of other build-off's...

I am all for a b.o. that time of year as it means I wont have to drive 7,000 miles in order to be warm enough to work on a bike!

Personally I prefer to do builds from scratch, so would prefer an Anything Goes build-off, but if it ends up being Traditional rules I am o.k. with that too! So bring on the suggestions and expressions of interest and lets see if we can get something going!

I have a plan in mind to replace the "50 Years" muscle bike I built in a mini build-off and then sold, but now miss it, and also a "Her's" version of the same bike, a matched pair so to speak. (Maybe a 2 bike build-off could be a possible theme?)
If it is Traditional rules I am sure I can find something to work on... :wink:

Luke.
heya luke
i might be in but im not sure what class i would be in since i don't wanna weld or modify the frame i wanna use
but yeah i am in on this i'll be in traditional i guess simple bolt on parts and maybe paint.
i have an idea for a good one but mine will be simple.
sean

Going to try get us a forum to run it in, but we need a certain amount of threads going to justify it, so please start your threads and they will be moved over if/when the new thread starts.

Sean, sounds like Traditional is where you are at. Keep them builds coming!

Luke.

ok, I think I got a plan decided on!!:) since this is a winter build how is everyones temperature?

Troy
It's like 20 out side right now, Count me in, I have an old skip tooth Shelby Flyer basket case that needs modernized at bit.

18 degrees here now with a high of 21 tomorrow & a low of 5. I'm really thinking of joining you all on this one. The summer build off is really difficult for me due to my work schedule. If I decide to join I will be starting with this in the traditional class, 1946 CWC (roadmaster I think). Monark springer may be an option also.

Yep. That frame and fork are a beauty.

Today I am moving most of my hand tools and bike bits into my basement.
I usually work on guitars and pedals down there but I moved some stuff around
and created a little area to work on the Winter Build-off.
(anybody else got a dozen plans for future builds bouncing around in their heads?)
I have a small stairwell right off of my garage in the breezeway, so it won't be so bad.
I gotta start putting my van in the garage for the winter, in the teens soon...

I also have a couple 3' elves in my garage I'm working on with jacked up gear motors...
My buddy picked 5 of them, the local mall tossed, so far I got one's animation going...
Waves his hand and turns his head...makes me giggle :grin:

Pick makes eleven, twelve if Luke's in, anybody else startin' a build? :comando:

Pick makes eleven, twelve if Luke's in, anybody else startin' a build? :comando:
At this point I am not in for 3 reasons: 1: My health is not the best. 2: I expect this will be a bad fire season which will have many fire ban days. 3: Need to save money for the wife's dental bills...

That being said, I have 2 scratch build bikes fully planned, have most of the parts already here aside from some tubes I need curved on either. Also have 2 bikes waiting to be done for my wife, basically some basic frame changes and a repaint, so if the weather and health cooperate and I go stir crazy enough from not doing anything I may jump in at a later date with one of them.

Even if I don't join, I am loving this build-off and looking forward to seeing more!

Luke.

I can hear ya man. I have only so much I can take on at once... but I got plans... I wanna do a tall bike and a gravity sled (in wood maybe...) I also have a ratty 24" bmx I've been lookin' at flipping the frame over. Plus I'm in the winter build off and finishing off my Muscle bike (as if a bike is ever really done)...

AND... We celebrate Christmas in this house. I still got shoppin' to do...

its 12 degrees and 3 inches of snow 3 degrees with wind chill may be a little nippy:rolleyes: Luke hope things look up and your able to play soon!

Troy

13 degrees here (don't even want to know the wind chill!) No snow but a low tonight of 2 degrees! Not very good building weather. Luckily my wife is pretty cool with a bike build inside as long as it's not forever.

Latest posts

Back