WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused on the difference of prewar vs post war. Being a 45 would make it prewar it would be during war. So in theory would a 40 be considered pre war or during war? Because Europe was in war but we weren't. I think a '37 or older should be considered prewar but that's just me. Or is every bike post war because it's post civil war?? Or most bikes pre war because they are pre Iraqi war?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a 46, so it would be post-war. You bring up a good point. I suppose you could catagorize them as pre-war, war time or post-war. Or, classify them all as post-war, after the war of 1812!:D

.... I can only find a single picture of one finished bike on the thread listed......
Yeah, we all have our own threads for build pics and info... There's only one done so far, because deadline isn't until March 1st.

Carl.

Hay, I don't get it. Where are the build pictures posted so you can see everyone's progress? Looks like a lot of competition. I can only find a single picture of one finished bike on the thread listed? I got a bike I am almost finished with that I started in December and would have loved to enter but I can't post pictures as my computer is messed up. I only have a before picture, no progress pictures anyway. Hopefully we can do this again next winter. By then my computer should be working. I have two more pre war frames that I want to build up. The problem is I want to paint one and powder coat the other. I have to do the painting in the Spring and build in the Winter. No time for building in the Summer. Can't paint outside in the winter and powder coating is not allowed so don't know what I would build. My current bike project is a ratter so no painting. I don't want another ratter. If I could figure out how to follow everyone progress I would be interested in a similar build next winter. Any one have any tech advice on how to follow this? Looks like fun.
Here is the link to the forum where all the builds are happening: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/winter-2013-build-off.86/

Luke.

Thank you for the inservice, nice to follow the builds. I am super impressed by the bikes everyone is building. I don't have to build one, I can just enjoy everyone's efforts.
Even better when you join in though!

Luke.

I would join in if I could get my computer fixed. Still can't post pictures. I sent it in, they said it was fixed, when I got it nothing, just black screen. They think something came loose in shipping. Expect a barrage of pictures if it ever gets fixed.
Lets hope it is done by May 1st, they you can join in the big buildoff!

Luke.

I think this "Winter Build Off" has a little of everything in it. Awesome talent, clever engineering & an artistic flavor. It's educational, humorous & entertaining. An added bonus is we have no trash talk & thank God, no bunnies! I enjoy watching all of these build threads & I am stealing something from each & every one of them!:D

Shhhhhhhhh .. Be vewwy quiet and don't say the "B" word anymore.

Soooo... I wasn't thinking at all when I posted my build thread in the normal build section. I realized that my Klunker build is running right alongside this build off, but with out being in it. Would it be possible to move my thread to this build off? I started January 4th, and a deadline for me would be good. Let me know!

Thanks,
Josh

Latest posts

Back