With No Malus in Forethought

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the seller was advertising a new Dolomite. :13:

Anyhow, because you cannot buy a fat bike in this town, I bought a Mongoose Malus today, and it appears to be an old one with about 0.5 miles on it.

However it sat for a while . . . The manual is copyright 2014 (!) The owner said he bought it then had back surgery and could no longer ride.
And the bike sat all this time.

I don't know anything about Mongoose or BMX. I was almost completely out of bicycles from about 1972 on..

Anyhow I have another cool parts bike to mess with, and likely a donor for the RBBO. Pics soon, and all Mongoose/fatbike related insight will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
First pic. I haven’t even put a leg over it yet. I gave the money to the man and stuffed it in my truck and ran.
27A3C732-166C-4B71-B88F-53C8AC1B815D.jpeg

I didn’t think about how wide the bottom bracket would be on a bike like this.
745F2B45-1885-4560-A84A-84126CEDFF68.jpeg

19771298-10EB-4200-B3E2-CBD4D6E826A7.jpeg

I’ll have to look this up online and see if it’s really a 2014.

The Malus looks like a fun bike. Check out KevCentral on Youtube, he has a nice video review of the bike.

Hey thats a nice bike!!! I have the 2020/21 ALX model. did the KevCentral upgrades for the most part. I run flat bars on everything. I grew up in the 90s MTB era soooo you know some habits are like Bruce Willis, they Die Hard. I rock that mother all winter!!! She rolls over ev-ry thing. Just FYI them tires are goat head magnets! I have a Varsity if youre looking for a trade

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back