• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(WITHDRAWN) Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ad withdrawn. The Trashliner Trike's getting parted out for my entry into the MBBO!

Up for sale is a 1950s/1960s Sears or Murray Space/Flightliner girl's bike that has been converted into a rat rod trike.

I bought this thing (as-is) a few weeks ago with the intent to part it out for some of my own bicycle projects, but I later found that there really isn't much that I can use for my own purposes.

The trike is in the same shape as when I bought it, the only exception being that I cut the wires holding the wood box on the back as I wanted to look at the trike axle underneath. The box is included with the trike. This trike is rideable as-is, but there is a small spot on the rear axle that needs to be welded back together, as it causes the right rear tire to rub against the frame. Another important thing to note is that there is considerable flex in both the frame and the springer fork, and it makes for quite an experience riding this thing. I won't lie, it feels every bit as sketchy as it looks, but it does pedal fairly easy, and the coaster brake leaves little to be desired. And yes, that's actual glitter on top of the paint.

I'm asking $160 for this trike. Local pickup in Sapulpa, OK. I would consider partial trades for a Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler-style trike rear end if you have one.

BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_15.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_16.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_17.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_18.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_21.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_26.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_27.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_19.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_20.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_28.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_29.jpg
BFtD_Spaceliner_Trike_30.jpg