(Working Title)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to hear from the jury if this build qualifies. If it doesn´t, I´ll take it off from this thread and put it to other builds.
After all, there will be 2 out of 3; apes & bigger rear wheel.
Two out of three is the rule.

I started three bikes in this class.
One I've already kinda dropped out. Unless I get a welder and completely change directions with it. Just lost interest in building an ordinary ladies muscle bike. But there's still plenty of time for a reconfiguration and name change.

One, Motorskimixti, will make it for sure.

And the third, Kona Cafe', should make it if/when I get around to building a cafe racer style banana seat and bolt a fat tire on the back and slightly less fat tire on the front.

Don't have any ape hangers layin around...but....if I get a welder...maybe

This thing is amazing. Love it. Can I early vote ? I'm registered and stuff...

Ok, weekend is on and maybe I can make some progress.

Firstly, I think I´m gonna make the top tubes a bit longer, maybe say 3"-4" (pic below).
That way I can make more room for pedals and longer handlebars.
Working-title-long.jpg
Or maybe not...
It´ll put those weldings under more stress and I definately don´t want to add more of them...

Last edited:
I think the current length will give you plenty of pedal clearance and the proportions are good right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which photo you refer to?
The latter is photoshopped to be 4" longer than the first sideview.
Difference is easier to see here.
Working title.jpg
Working-title-long.jpg

I like the shorter one. Looks like a mean little Racey bobber. Though both are sexy for sure. If I had room to pedal etc I wouldn't stretch.

The original shorter version for sure. For all the reasons mentioned above ^ , and above that ^^ , and even above that ^^^ ! :bigsmile:

Pedal with your toes. You'll be fine.

*custom bikes are more than a build. You have to learn the method to ride them! Like a secret handshake for your feet!

Latest posts

Back