Worksman Trike Front Drum Brake Port O Trike Trifecta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacing the tires on a worksman folding trike (port-o-trike, tri-fecta etc)
Front drum brake + caliper, singlespeed
Removed front wheel
Snipped off the drum brake cable because it was fraying
I hear some light even noise when turning the front wheel's axle by hand. I assume the axle bearings could use some grease.
Has anyone opened up this style of drum before? I can't find any diagrams online aside from a very low res worksman 'owners manual' for a different model of trike (unsure if it uses the same type drum)
Unsure if this drum's axle bearings are serviceable or if they'll need to be pressed out.

Attached are some pics of my style of hub drum brake
Also attached 2 pics of my style model I found online since mine is currently without wheels.

Attachments

• worksman_FrontDrumBrakePics.jpg
    worksman_FrontDrumBrakePics.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 62
  • worksmanPortOTrike.jpg
    worksmanPortOTrike.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 63
  • portOTrike.jpg
    portOTrike.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The drums on the trikes are really sturdy. I'm sure they've had zero maintenance in the twenty years they've been operating.
Worksman used Atom drums in the seventies, switched to a generic one (maybe Gremic?)some time in the eighties.

Thanks fellas, will just leave her be then. The hub bearing kinda sounds a bit dry but may just hold off til I find some info on it. May email worksman about it but last time I did they gave a kinda light response on servicing and leaned towards replacing part instead.

Thanks for the heads up about the brakes maybe containing toast, from what I read the exposure risk is kinda overhyped and more so an issue for tradesmen who worked with it day in day out.
That being said, I have a full face respirator and PAPR system, love it for anytime I work with particulates.

Cheers fellas!

Latest posts

Back