BO15 XLR8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I dragged this Exercycle exercise bike frame out of the woods. It'll be the base for this build.
TARKudw.jpg

Now that's ratty!
RaT oN~!

You gotta give us more to feed on than that!!!! This is gonna be fun to see your vision on.

BRILLIANT Eye to see that treasure.

Now this will be fun to watch. One frame turned into another.

Built not bought. Fantastic start.

furyus

There has to be a good joke about what a bear did in the woods with this. No wonder the bear caught the blonde, she was riding a stationary bike.:giggle:

Looking at the pictur again, I'm getting the kinda HD-like feeling
1909 V-Twin.jpg

I kinda imagine this frame haunting me in the middle of the night, saying "mount me an engine" ,after you're trying to go to sleep for like two hours already... :21:

It does have a motorbike vibe, like a triumph frame without a tank. That's probably the direction I'll go with the design, although probably a little less classy than that harley and a bit more mad max. No engines this time though.. Yesterday I found some tubing for the chain-stays, but they'll have to wait until the crank is mounted so I know where the chain ends up.

kVwtrTM.jpg

8TNrqkq.jpg

Todays goal was to get the crank-hanger mounted. I used the extra piece I trimmed off the back of the frame. This took much longer than I'd like to admit, but now that I know where the pedals are I can design the rest around that.

sbeVHgo.jpg

4YOz1a2.jpg

Em5pUf0.jpg

Comin' together! Diggin it!
RaT oN~!

I like where this is going . It's great when you see something and the imagination grabs you . Partners , friends and family all looking at you , why do you want that thing ? They all struggle dont they . My Wife often looks at things when I start explaining excitedly about an idea ...." Nope , cant see it " but that's half the fun :)

Mine just makes the "oh. Another one" comment. Amazing how much more can be said with just an eye roll!
My Girlfriend has reactions depending on what I'm buliding.

Last year class 1 board-tracker - "Looks nice, but remember - you have a broken back, don't ride it too often".
Last year class 2 chopper - "Whoa! Nice, but getting on it will be a pain in the..."
Electric ZZR - "You have a death wish... right?"
MTB to gravel cheap conversion - "Whoa! A wheeler on Alivio group?! I Dreamed of one when I was a kid!" :21:

Golden rule - never told her how many bikes I have right now...:21:

That's awesome! I love how you saw what, to me anyways, looks like just a bunch of rusty box tubing and saw a bicycle frame just waiting to be built! Like some of the other guys have said, it's definitely giving me some old school Harley Davidson vibes, but I also see a bit of "cafe racer" in it too. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back