Yard mustang

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She’s starting to clean up pretty nice! Clear coat is faded in some spots, scratches in some spots, but it’s a 26 year old car, and I’m planning on painting it this summer. I still have the other side of the car to clean, but it’s coming along! I ordered wheel spacers to make the rear wheels more flush with the fenders. I drove it to get coffee the last few mornings, and it runs pretty good. The suspension needs some serious help though, that may get fixed this spring or summer. I keep stomping my left foot on the floor looking for a clutch, but thankfully the brake pedal is small and I haven’t stomped it on accident yet. (I had an embarrassing moment like that in my old corvette).
A3CC923C-E623-46B4-8CE0-CC33F563E301.jpeg

Added some 1.5 inch wheel spacers in the rear, made the car look much better! Got it cleaned up a little bit more. The interior is nicely detailed, and the outside is coming along. She needs some new paint, I’m planning on doing that by this summer. The suspension looked pretty bad when I had the tires off, I’m planning to replace the struts and springs with the eibach pro kit. I had that suspension on an old Honda Accord, and it handled really well. It’s also MUCH MUCH cheaper for a mustang than it was for my old accord. Probably not happening too soon, the weather started getting nice, so I’ve been back on my bike.
751D0C34-8604-47D3-A486-AA8155B60965.jpeg
352D900B-B585-4B0A-984B-E0330BAB37E3.jpeg
F1A4549D-C267-43E3-B30C-DE0E0C09D856.jpeg

Previous owner had a bra on the front end, it wore away at the clear coat. I rattle can fixed it right up! It came out good enough that I think I’m going to deep clean the outside of the car, fill any paint chips, do some light sanding, and paint the whole car. I’m really excited about how well this is turning out
10EF1D35-3FD2-489B-99ED-34B9A78B5788.jpeg
0A3B35CA-AFEC-465E-89BC-5B4157FC03A2.jpeg

The overheat could be a leaking head gasket; fairly common in Fords of that vintage.
Oh man... you were right. I was hoping it wasn’t, but it is. It’s going to be more of a project than I thought, but the wife and I decided it’s totally worth it. We had some great times in this car, and we want to have more. Ugh the heads are cracked too. It might be a great opportunity for something aftermarket...

Oooooh, Game Boy COLOR! The upgraded model!
Dude I’m so stoked on the gameboy! A buddy of mine got it at a thrift store for 20 bucks and gave it to me for Christmas. I ended up taking it apart, cleaned it, new screen, new button pads, new speaker, it’s like brand new now. The glass screen doesn’t scratch like the plastic one did, and modern tech lets me play games through a sd card that plugs into the cartridge. I’m hooked on this rom hack of Pokémon crystal, and I can barely get anything done because I’m playing gameboy all the time lol

I know this is horrible... but I’ve never played that on the gameboy. I only remember having the Pokémon games as a kid. I wish I still had those, they would be worth a small fortune...

Dude I’m so stoked on the gameboy! A buddy of mine got it at a thrift store for 20 bucks and gave it to me for Christmas. I ended up taking it apart, cleaned it, new screen, new button pads, new speaker, it’s like brand new now. The glass screen doesn’t scratch like the plastic one did, and modern tech lets me play games through a sd card that plugs into the cartridge. I’m hooked on this rom hack of Pokémon crystal, and I can barely get anything done because I’m playing gameboy all the time lol
Remember Super Mario World? I was so stoked that you could actually save your progress!!!
I know this is horrible... but I’ve never played that on the gameboy. I only remember having the Pokémon games as a kid. I wish I still had those, they would be worth a small fortune...
My first ever game console was the old school Nintendo NES, which was close to 15 years old by the time I got one, but my first handheld was the Gameboy Advance SP, which was pretty new at the time. I never got into the Pokemon games, but I used to watch the show all the time as a kid. My favorite games on that were always Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Bros 3/Super Mario Advance 4, and, ever since I got a Nintendo DS a couple years ago to revisit those old games, Dr. Mario/Puzzle League. I swear I've played Dr. Mario more than any other game in the last year!

Nice to know there's more folks on here who love video games!

Latest posts

Back