You Know You Are a Rat Rodder When... (YKYARRW)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife is cussing you for driving off the road while looking for old bikes.
You lay awake at night thinking of your projects.
You check c-list and Ratrodbikes.com before your email.
You bring up that you are into old bicycles no matter what conversation you are having.
Cycling wear is blue jeans and sneakers.
You can't go to bed at night without looking at your prized bikes first.
You spot a bike on a tv show and point and say " look at that old bike ".
When your wife gets you a Brooks saddle for your anniversary.
You have a spoke wrench on your keychain.
You eat a bologna sandwich with chain grease and rust all over your hands and not even care.
You know the date of when you picked up every bike you own but, forget your own birthday.
You hate it when people use old cruiser bikes for yard decorations and you stop and try to pick them.
Your family vacations involve at least one stop to pick-up a bike or visit a friend from Ratrodbikes.

Oh man..that hit's waaaaaaaaaay too close to home here !! In fact, we usually vacation in Santa Cruz..(cool bicycle paths along side the ocean..) and when we are not "at the fleamarket" we spend the evenings in the motel scrounging Craigslist for bikes to take home !!
ckdesigns69 said:
When your wife is cussing you for driving off the road while looking for old bikes.
You bring up that you are into old bicycles no matter what conversation you are having.
You eat a bologna sandwich with chain grease and rust all over your hands and not even care.
You know the date of when you picked up every bike you own but, forget your own birthday.
You hate it when people use old cruiser bikes for yard decorations and you stop and try to pick them.
Your family vacations involve at least one stop to pick-up a bike or visit a friend from Ratrodbikes.

old school 64 said:
Oh man..that hit's waaaaaaaaaay too close to home here !! In fact, we usually vacation in Santa Cruz..(cool bicycle paths along side the ocean..) and when we are not "at the fleamarket" we spend the evenings in the motel scrounging Craigslist for bikes to take home !!
ckdesigns69 said:

Dude, are you sure you don't have a brother that lives in Indiana? I think we are related! :lol:

When your other half gets tired of going through the bicycle part obstacle course just to wash your clothes.

lets see privious on the list...
I got him a brooks saddle for Christmas,
We always look for bikes while he's driving, I'm surprised we haven't wandered off the road.
We scream bicycle whenever we see a cruiser.
Jeans and sneakers is the only way.

Hugo said:
I've done a few of these, so here's one for Rat Roddin'. Feel free to add some more!

You Know You Are a Rat Rodder When... (YKYARRW)

...you rat your home apliances, lawn mower, nephew's trike, grandma's scooter, mailbox.

Hugo

MEEEEEEe :lol:

If you've read this entire thread and said guilty.... guilty.......guilty.......REALLY guilty......
If you buy a bike trailer not for the kids but hauling home bikes
When you come home from the scrapyard with more than you took there.
When you look for scrap just so you have an excuse to go to the scrapyard and look for bikes.
If one of your children is named after a bike or bike part
When you rub oil on brand new whitewalls so they match the patina of your bike
When your LBS saves junk parts cause they know you'll be there soon.

When you see that your bicycle was supposed to have come with a tank, and wonder if you couldn't fabricate a "good enough" one out of fiberglass and cardboard.

i haven't given my angle grinder a name, but my sawzall's name is suzzzy, and somtimes i call my welder bob.

oh yeah, should have added

when you have a couple of random parts like a neat wheel and a pair of handlebars, and that's enough reason to start a new project.

You have to add more shelving in the garage to accomadate MORE spray paint, bike parts, etc.
You trade car parts you no longer need for old junk bikes.
You love the smell of MIG in the morning.
Your wife comes home and immediately asks, "What did you paint now?"

the toes of all of your footwear have multiple layers of paint

you've used tenacious oil in your hair

you feel nauseous and sleep poorly until you decide which direction to go with a build

you become obsessed with on type, style or purpose of bike, collect the parts, then move onto something else completely before putting anything useful together

When you got a work table. .Well we think there's a table under there... and your wife or girlfriend (Me) can't find what she's looking for and she has to text you at work just to find the hammer which is next to the chain under the sprocket and handlebars..

*evil glare at LowpowereD *

I try not to complain too much since I don't have a dish washing machine. And I hate washing dishes.

You know your a rat rod biker when.....
Even though you hate the show........ ya essemble your bike infront of the t.v. so ya don't miss american pickers.

Who know's, ya might see em screw ya outta another cool old rusty bike, you'll never get your hands on, while certainly driving up the price of the ones you do get your hands on. :roll:

Latest posts

Back