You've got to see this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK ratrod family, check this out and please tell me if I'm wrong? I asked if he'd take 25 bucks less because of the bent fork and this is the reply I got back in email. Here is the CL ad followed by his email, let me know, thanks!

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/bid/3424104158.html

I don't know how many 70+ year old bikes you have had but the forks not bent, but if you think it is,, thats fine ,you could never get a fork if you think it is bent,,, you should pass , I have bicycle's from the late 1800's, I know what I am looking at..

and I have 3 people that want the bike for $100 , If one of them dose not buy it in the next week ,, I will strip it and sell the head badge on ebay for $75 and the light for $50 seat post for $40 and $60 for the skip tooth crank , seat $20 rims & tires $40 , and cut the rest up to for scrap.
so $100 firm and the bike go's to the 1st to come with money....

and I never talk money on the online, i only talk price in person( and I drive hundreds of miles a week , to look at and buy bicycles , and some time it is a waste)
and I buy 100's of bicycle a month.. wasting my time talking money on line is BS and I have wasted to much time with you.

time is money and I am wasting mine
so no I won't take $75

so drop me a line back if you want to buy the bike for $100
if not good luck

have great T- Day

and
GOOD BYE

I'm glad I didn't waste my time e-mailing him. I saw that bike when I was checking out Allofcraigslist the other night and thought about seeing if he would ship and naturally I would have offered him less because of the bent fork. But what do we know... he buys hundreds of bikes and owns some old ones so he knows more than we do. If we did a little research we would discover that all 70 plus year old bikes have forks like that. I guess it's time to run my '38 Elgin into the wall to fix the fork.

That guy is another CL idiot.

The fork is bent.... kinda like his brain.

I don't know if its worth the money he is asking for, but hitting him up for a price cut for the bent fork is legit.

Maybe he hit his head when he crashed that bike and thinks he can start a new trend.... Vintage "de- raked".... No extra charge. :-?:-?:-?

I emailed this guy about the bike since I work in the town it's located. I noticed the bent fork as well and I was going to mention it if and when I go to look at the bike. I'd rather argue about it with the guy in person. Maybe I'll even take a few sets of forks with me for when he starts to tell me how the forks on his bike "aren't bent".

I drive thousands of miles a week see bikes all over the place an none of the 70+ year old bikes I see are bent but hey what do I know I'm no bike expert just a truck driver with an affliction to any bike that looks cool an that dude is a ..... I'd roll up to his place with ten bucks an a smile on my 70+ year old Schwinn

He emailed me and told me it was sold. Emailed him through my other account and look at that, he still has it for sale.....lol. He thinks $75 for that badge.... the two on ebay that sold went for 15 bucks and he admitted that he got it for free! So really? You can't budge on price for something that you got for free. Would have drove the hour and half to get it, but I don't deal with douchebags like this one, lol. He said that he thinks the fork isn't bent because there is no sign of trauma to the bike.. (besides the obvious bend in the fork I guess).

No doubt itz worth it. Its just the way the guy responded in his email back to me stating hes the bike geniius because he has some old bikes but clearly not if you cant tell that fork is bent. Then he gets all pissy about me wasting his time...because asking one question is clearly a waste of time....idiot. would have a bought it otherwise. Oh well

He must have been blasted with e/mails I sent one last night when I saw his attitude . He sent me the exact same e/mail to the tee as your first post, Then added "thank you for the e/mail but if you don't want to buy the bike what do you care" So I had to answer his question !
"I don't ! I didn't realize you were such an expert ! If that is the case why is it not gone already? :)

largek9 said:
He sent me an e/mail and apoligized . He said it will be parted out today on <a href="http://www.ebay.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk"><span>Ebay</span></a> !

That's funny because I'm supposed to go look at it on Monday. This dude seems like a royal goober, he made not mention of it to me when he emailed me today. Wait, nevermind, I just checked my email and he said it's sold. Oh well.........

Latest posts

Back