Zeeing Red! **Done**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This old Huffy started out like many others, blue, but I wanted a companion build for "'pard in my pink Huffy" due to the great response I got from a bunch of you guys.
BlueHuffy_zps40bb4570.jpg

Since I posted the "sneak peek" there has been almost 100 views of it - but no comments - good or bad, so I may be wasting my time on this one. I just thought maybe some young lady (or not) that likes the pattern and wanted something unique, would want to purchase this ride locally.
ZebraRed002_zps052892b6.jpg

This is where I'm at so far, and after the paint cures for a while I will figure out what tires, seat, and bars to install. I am partial to solid color tires, and that being said, I may go with whitewalls on this one.
ZebraRed2006_zpsbc5c4790.jpg

Cheap masking tape cut by hand to create the pattern (not gonna use that again) as you can see, the edge lock tape did not lock on the edges.
ZebraRed2002_zps8eaa1470.jpg

ZebraRed2003_zps19c0fb22.jpg

ZebraRed2009_zps9c80a234.jpg

ZebraRed2004_zps9c98176e.jpg

Not my best work by any means, and it is all done with "rattle cans", but it's a flip bike and my girls like it ... so far. More to come...

Just added 5-23

Now complete

Re: Zeeing Red!

looks cool man :D

good to see something different, hope your girls are greatful!

I think most of us are going to like Guy Bikes better. Build whatever you want and sell it, ride it, etc......Just enjoy the build! It's probably easy to take it personal when you don't get responses. When ya make bikes pink and zebra striped, you're just not gonna get guys to say "Oh lookie,lookie, it's pink and striped". This isn't written to offend you, just a point of view. Keep buildin' Bro, we don't mind. 8) :wink:

RatSphinx said:
I think most of us are going to like Guy Bikes better. Build whatever you want and sell it, ride it, etc......Just enjoy the build! It's probably easy to take it personal when you don't get responses. When ya make bikes pink and zebra striped, you're just not gonna get guys to say "Oh lookie,lookie, it's pink and striped". This isn't written to offend you, just a point of view. Keep buildin' Bro, we don't mind. 8) :wink:
I totally respect your opinion RatSphinx, and I agree with you. I just thought that since there are so many of these available, after they are scavenged for parts, maybe someone else could appreciate one. It also gives those guys a chance to say, "hey Hon, look at this - you might like this one". Plus I kind of like pushing the envelope and experimenting with things I have never tried before. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Madderz said:
looks cool man :D

good to see something different, hope your girls are greatful!
Thank you. They are very grateful, but they have come to expect cool stuff from me no matter what the project is.

GTR said:
8) 8) 8) two very cool bikes.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have others, but these were just two quick ideas that I tried to make a reality. No craftsmanship really involved. But it was fun!

Always a good idea to try to get the Ladies on board. Make the Hobby appeal to them, it helps prevent tension and promotes family unity. :wink:

ratTED said:
RatSphinx said:
I totally respect your opinion RatSphinx, and I agree with you. I just thought that since there are so many of these available, after they are scavenged for parts, maybe someone else could appreciate one. It also gives those guys a chance to say, "hey Hon, look at this - you might like this one". Plus I kind of like pushing the envelope and experimenting with things I have never tried before. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

bike2112 said:
RatSphinx said:

And some of us think you have great skills and built a great looking and original theme bike for some happy girl. Great build dude!
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words bike2112.

And yes RatSphinx that is what I intended.

Excellent work 8) ....very impressive.

It takes an artistic eye to visualize and then to successfully create the realistic patterns of your paint work. 8)

Latest posts

Back