เผ’โ˜  ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐•ญ๐–‘๐–†๐–ˆ๐– ๐•ป๐–Š๐–†๐–—๐–‘๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธโ˜  เผ’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of experience with Shinko. Most definitely heavy
yeah, I thought so. A lot of guys are using them, a little hard to put on,extra weight. They are all saying the huntsman, or I could go Grzly, but again, most my riding is on road. So moto-x tires are noisy.

Those are some gnarly tires! I started thinking about what little I know, but have suspected from photos I've seen, about Greece's geology and terrain. I always imagined white sand beaches along turquoise seas, juxtaposed by rough and rocky outcroppings, cliff like, surrounded by shards and splinters of jagged rock.

Upon googling this a.m., I found this very in-depth article on those and many more aspects of the history of Greece and the Greek language and it's people. I learned more in the last 15 minutes reading it than I ever knew before.

If you do a video of your build, please narrate it. I'm still really intrigued by dialect and vocalization. We can add you to the list of my Scandinavian ancestral North central USA dialect, to @Fv2 's Ohioan drawl, to @BDC 's 'Ozzie' accent. :grin: I know you have some Aussie background as well.

Anyway, I'm always up for an educational journey, and you inspired that this morning. Visiting Greece is high on my list.
Greece has it all. The terrain can be ruff or flat. We do have beautiful beaches, some are sand, some are small tiny pebbles and rocks. Each island has it's cultural history. Mykonos is known as the pirate island. I am actually aussie, born to a Italian father,and Aussie mom(scottish,wales, english) Lets face it off-spring of convicts:21:. i just moved to Greece and stayed...

I like Both A & B so I'm no help.

Have you ever considered getting into the kickstand business? Looks like there may be a market for it in your area.:rofl:

237824-1687284384892.png

I like Both A & B so I'm no help.

Have you ever considered getting into the kickstand business? Looks like there may be a market for it in your area.:rofl:

237824-1687284384892.png
They all have kickstands, but the owner prefers the bikes to be laying down. Due to extreme winds most of the times(even on non windy days).

I like B, very utilitarian with great decals. I really like your bullet proof tires. Having tires that hardly ever go flat or maybe even never is a great thing. Your bike is very well done. I loved your previous builds. On another note, I am not a fan of mid drives. Adding 1 horsepower or more to a sprocket, chain, freewheel/cassette assembly designed for a human's power is begging for quickly wearing parts. I find the modern narrow derailleur chains wear excessively fast with a worn out 70 year old pushing on the pedals. Add another hp to that and I would guess the chains and sprockets would wear out even faster. Big fan of electric rear hub drives. Very reliable maintenance free units. I stay away from hot rodding, bigger batteries with higher voltage, my e-bike. Makes for a very reliable happy bike.

I like B, very utilitarian with great decals. I really like your bullet proof tires. Having tires that hardly ever go flat or maybe even never is a great thing. Your bike is very well done. I loved your previous builds. On another note, I am not a fan of mid drives. Adding 1 horsepower or more to a sprocket, chain, freewheel/cassette assembly designed for a human's power is begging for quickly wearing parts. I find the modern narrow derailleur chains wear excessively fast with a worn out 70 year old pushing on the pedals. Add another hp to that and I would guess the chains and sprockets would wear out even faster. Big fan of electric rear hub drives. Very reliable maintenance free units. I stay away from hot rodding, bigger batteries with higher voltage, my e-bike. Makes for a very reliable happy bike.
Yes with the 750w and 1000w mid drives you need a special chain, and steel cassette . It's also how you ride it also. Mids are a smoother ride, and a little lighter. I'm the same way of thinking,why have 3000w motors and 72v batteries,the cost is astounding + the weight. You can just buy a motorcycle. I like some speed and torque so 52v is enough on a 1000w.
I'm glad I changed my mind in the end. As B is very fun.

I like B. Tough and off-roady. Looks like it can do anything from a trip to the office to hauling gear down a dirt road to the worksite. Fun, nice work!

Both are great to me. I think A looks cooler with more style, but B still has a cool stealthy look and seems like more of a Ute.

Both are great to me. I think A looks cooler with more style, but B still has a cool stealthy look and seems like more of a Ute.
Yes it is a ute. Original thought was to have it all. But thats okay, I will split that between 2 bikes.

Very cool powered ride. Both options are cool. I would go with B as I understand how handy a 2 wheeled ute is in Greece. I shipped this Honda C50 from Australia to Lefkas about 10 years ago. It now runs a big valve 125 Lifan. Weโ€™re here now and loving it as always.
IMG_1404.jpeg

Very cool powered ride. Both options are cool. I would go with B as I understand how handy a 2 wheeled ute is in Greece. I shipped this Honda C50 from Australia to Lefkas about 10 years ago. It now runs a big valve 125 Lifan. Weโ€™re here now and loving it as always.View attachment 239793
Are you crazy ๐Ÿ˜‰ they are a dime a dozen here in Greece. I restored one and sold it cheap.

Are you crazy ๐Ÿ˜‰ they are a dime a dozen here in Greece. I restored one and sold it cheap.
I tried to find a decent one here for years and they were all rusty wrecks. The cub I sent over is an 83 model which had just over 1000klms on it at the time. A friend of mine who imported used motorcycles from Japan found it in a wrecking yard and sold it to me for $150. The exhaust was bent as was the rear wheel. I fixed it and packed it in a steel crate he got me. Runs well now with its 125 engine and straight through exhaust. It now has 6000klms on it.
version=1&uuid=79B5AEDD-E9A7-4938-9290-EEC6B3179135&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
version=1&uuid=96EDECEB-F676-4B24-801F-E606C29B1EDE&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back