▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how much engine discussion has been generated from a fake blown mickey mouse engine on a toy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's funny how much engine discussion has been generated from a fake blown mickey mouse engine on a toy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I guess that was my fault for bringing it up about the V6 Hemi. :21: I'm liking @handyandy1100 's assessment that it's actually a flathead V8 with 3 exhaust ports on each side!

No progress, but here is a little insight into part of my idea for this build. A few weeks ago I was rolling some build off ideas in my head. The cycle truck came to mind as I was thinking about @karfer67 's Ratty Truck build from ages ago. I've always wanted to build a cycle truck that didn't have the truck part (no basket or carrying platform up front. So as I was thinking through some ideas, I remembered testing the kiddie car body against my Twin Bar frame during BO15. I never considered it as a viable option for that build, but it was super fun to test it for scale and purpose. When I saw this kiddie car at the yard sale years ago, I immediately saw a potential tank for some bike build in the future.

1683858172034.jpeg
1683858183205.jpeg

Well as I was dwelling on the cycle truck pic, It struck me that the kiddie car may just fit the advertising panel of it. So a few weeks ago I took the kiddie car shell over to my bike stash and rolled out the cycle truck.

1683858603306.jpeg

I didn't have my trusty foil tape with me, but I was able to lean the kiddie car body along the body of cycle truck. This was close enough to see that the scale and even shape of the car body should play well with the cycle truck frame.

1683858680383.jpeg

At that time I hadn't even thought of the mickey mouse blown ford flathead. :D
But I had thought about moving the car body back so that it completely cover the top tube and extending behind the seattube and probably reaching in front of the headtube

But once my gears started turning I thought about using the mickey mouse engine. Right away I though of slicing off the front of the kiddie car to make a grille section, then making the area between the body and the grill into an engine bay.

Well tonight I played around with this idea using paint.net on the photo above and I came up with this. Once I actually start building this, I will probably remove the front basket braces and in their place bolt up some car frame rails to act as the support for the engine bay and grill. Once again, this is just a computer generated idea thus far. I still don't even have room at my house to bring the cycle truck frame home yet. Hope this helps give you a better view of what's in my head.

1683859183965.jpeg

Might be a bit of a stretch, but if you could stick a smaller wheel up front, like say an 18-inch, you'd be able to give the whole bike a slight rake that could give it a real mean stance! Or if you know someone who could modify the fork, maybe you could use a 24 inch fork with the 20 wheel up front to give it more of that Gasser lean where they put more weight on the rear axle for better traction!

Whatever you choose to do, this is going to look awesome!

Any other place two toy cars and a three page discussion on a fake motor and using all that to build a bike would be absurd. Here we call it Friday 😁 love this place.

That wheel is Mag-nificent!

Something just drew me too it. It must be MAGmetic.

The parts are spinning and I really like the theme and direction here. Reminds me of @OddJob his Rats Gass, but different :thumbsup:
Europe isn't that farmiliar with Gassers. Seen one at Kustom Kulture Forever in Germany.

Even though the Roth monster character's name is Mr Gasser and I've even named the build that, I doubt that I will strictly follow any gasser style cues.

While I like the vibe in this pic

1683895206116.jpeg

I have been feeling more of a hot rod duece roadster vibe with most of the pics I've been grabbing for inspiration. We'll see where the build tells me to go once I put the actual parts together and let them talk to me.

1683895343401.jpeg
1683895369880.jpeg
1683895381734.jpeg

If only you could find another one of those cars you could turn it into a V 12, and that would give you an excuse to really stretch the frame.

I’m trying to imagine how you can do this without it turning into some kind of a hobby horse with tail pipes, but so far I don’t have a clue.

Hopefully the virtual mockup pic I posted last night helps. We'll see how it all plays out.

Hopefully the virtual mockup pic I posted last night helps. We'll see how it all plays out.

I did not realize how tiny that car body was compared to a stretched bicycle. The first picture that you posted seems the most viable application.

With the nose of the car sticking way out over the front wheel, I think it looks like a hobby horse.

What you have here is a 30’s streamliner body and to me it is not a gasser at all. Gassers were mostly built from jacked up stock coupes with the fenders chopped.

This was a car that never had fenders.

Except for the fact that it has the louvers up front, this car looks like the pre war rear engine German AutoUnion streamlined road racers.
7A00DD6F-2BE8-4455-AC28-DE98FBC2133C.jpeg

But I am no auto historian. If you post that photo over at the Jalopy Journal you’ll get a more educated reply.

Just don’t mention the bicycle thing at all.

The Track T style copied the old round nose streamliner.
79F1F857-BBC9-4A89-B529-000242F4FE6A.jpeg

I saw one once with a Bugatti style tail on it that looked very similar to the German streamliners. But I can’t find a photo of it online.

Right away I though of slicing off the front of the kiddie car to make a grille section, then making the area between the body and the grill into an engine bay.
I love this build! It's such a cool and creative build plan. I really think it's going to be an awesome project!
stick a smaller wheel up front,
It is looking kind of muscley. I can see a skinny 16 on the front with a 24x3" slick with raised white lettering on the back.
Jalopy Journal
There's some gasser fun to be had in this thread:
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/oddball-60s-gassers.1289925/

No progress, but here is a little insight into part of my idea for this build. A few weeks ago I was rolling some build off ideas in my head. The cycle truck came to mind as I was thinking about @karfer67 's Ratty Truck build from ages ago. I've always wanted to build a cycle truck that didn't have the truck part (no basket or carrying platform up front. So as I was thinking through some ideas, I remembered testing the kiddie car body against my Twin Bar frame during BO15. I never considered it as a viable option for that build, but it was super fun to test it for scale and purpose. When I saw this kiddie car at the yard sale years ago, I immediately saw a potential tank for some bike build in the future.

View attachment 232071View attachment 232072

Well as I was dwelling on the cycle truck pic, It struck me that the kiddie car may just fit the advertising panel of it. So a few weeks ago I took the kiddie car shell over to my bike stash and rolled out the cycle truck.

View attachment 232073

I didn't have my trusty foil tape with me, but I was able to lean the kiddie car body along the body of cycle truck. This was close enough to see that the scale and even shape of the car body should play well with the cycle truck frame.

View attachment 232074
You ever want to part with that double bar I'd be more than happy to empty out a space in your storage. Even at Canadian shipping rates

You ever want to part with that double bar I'd be more than happy to empty out a space in your storage. Even at Canadian shipping rates

You mean SteamRoller? Sorry man. I still need to find another Elgin Twin Bar frame so that I can try and win BO20 and continue my streak :D

1683922250084.png

You guys crack me up with the comments about how authentic it should be or how unauthentic or mis-catargorized it is. We are talking about two kiddie cars and their parts. There is nothing authentic about ANY OF THIS :D :D :D :D . Yes the silver car is painted to mimic an Auto Union car, but this same exact body is all over toy stores around the world painted to mimic a model A, an indy car, a greased lightning car, etc, etc. They are just kiddie car cartoons for a childs imagination. The child just happens to be 62 years in this case. I'm not looking to build any replica anything and nothing about this will be "authentic". It's just gonna be a fun ride. You'll see in the end. (so will I for that matter). It's all unscripted parts and pieces that have only actually been thrown together with photoshop or in my head so far. :D :D

There's been talk of Hemi's and Flatties, big rats and mouse motors but I think this build calls for something special. Like maybe an Ardun!
View attachment 232133

What a beautiful engine!!! But I think I'll stick to my 254 c.i.d. Goofy Jughead jalopy motor.

20230220_145540.jpg

56565656.JPG

Latest posts

Back