☠☠️ ᗷᑌ丅丅ᗴᖇᗷᗩᒪᒪ ᗷᗩᑎᗪᎥ丅 3.0 ☠️☠

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this mean you are thinking about changing the name to Black Helmet?

dark-helmet-what.gif
🤣🤣🤣🤣 You sooo funny.
Parts are arriving for butterball tomorrow. So should be starting the pearl by next week or earlier. I need to build. Putting a bike together with all new parts, is not the same.

That's a great looking folder to base your build on. Love that fork.
So good to see you back in the build offs. Missed your flare and build skills!
I started my adult journey with bikes years ago when I discovered old tiny Dahon folders and then upgraded to this full suspension Dahon Jetstream.

1684423114883.png

Suddenly there is talk of 'ADULTS' and I say "NAY"

BIKES is why we is here...

Quit Adulting and Get To Building!

(as i sit in a hotel doing my adult job which pays for the biking/building)
>hashtag real life is not really the best.<
>hashtag: do the kids still do the hashtag?<
#soouttatouch

A mock up, just using the Mofa saddle and a rack...
A very easy way to convert. But I feel I need something stronger.
My thoughts are to shape and weld a base onto the frame, so it is solid.
But I do have another rack coming, depending how strong it is, I might not need to weld anything.View attachment 230157
If thats the case Black Pearl will be pulled and be entered into another Class 1 build-off at a later date.
Wow, you just showed something i might even be able to ride these says. Could likely lay it down enough to get the dodgy side on the seat as it comes up and hidden thumb throttle much better than most power chairs.😻👩‍🦼

Wow, you just showed something i might even be able to ride these says. Could likely lay it down enough to get the dodgy side on the seat as it comes up and hidden thumb throttle much better than most power chairs.😻👩‍🦼
The idea is to hide everything, the seat is just resting on top, as a idea. I have a thumb or a twist throttle.( I prefer twist) You can also get foot throttles(just like a car). These days its about comfort, and getting on with ease. So a step thru allows that. Oh and having enough torque to get you up hills.

Name change and color theme change.
This will be butterball 3.0. 3rd frame change. What's that 3 strikes and your OUT?
Was not feeling the color or style in Class 1. I think it will suit this much better.
So same step thru frame just red/black combo.

Some bending, cutting and grinding today.
Using stainless steel piping,and a mix of old for the seat bracket.
344099534_1251073882281738_9217842736699127260_n.jpg

340972208_186241290966383_5278370813069729654_n.jpg

A old fork for some support.
344092369_959607081842671_813308096967983598_n.jpg

A little welding done. At the moment just tacked into the frame to get aligned.
IMG_20230605_103005.jpg

IMG_20230605_102929.jpg

IMG_20230605_103109.jpg

Maybe cut the rear a little shorter, idea was to add a rack. But changing my mind now.
IMG_20230605_103140.jpg

So today get it together and double check everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_103117.jpg
    IMG_20230605_103117.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230605_102945.jpg
    IMG_20230605_102945.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
The shape of your brackets really mimics the frame tubing. Version 3.0 is taking shape!
Trying to get it all in to blend. I need to hide a battery in under there. So the front brackets are just there to hold a plate on after. Without all the parts it is hard to build. I really need to put the bike together and see if the wheel/chain etc all line up. Then continue.

A little mock up. The colour choice certainly suits this frame much better. Also the wheel slots in perfectly. And going by eye the chain ⛓️ line looks perfect. I will fit motor tomorrow just to double check.
IMG_20230611_194149.jpg

I'm guessing with the motor it will remain "unfolded"
or did I miss an alternate position for the powerplant?

I have not tested it yet. But will get a idea tomorrow on how far it will close.

Now that one bike is out of the garage, time to get building.
First off I put the motor on to test chain ⛓️ position, tire rubs etc.
Very mild tweaking to be done. So that's a bonus.
Battery arrived and it will slot in nicely.
So I have started on part 2 of this build.
Working my way backwards.
IMG_20230619_115527.jpg

IMG_20230619_115545.jpg

Scrap metal from a folding bed.

I did a check with the motor. The bike still folds, So bonus. I had to cut the stand off the bottom bracket for it to slide in. Being it is a 120mm. I need to fit it onto the 100mm bottom bracket. So I am now looking for something that will act as a washer. I could also weld another part of a bottom bracket on?

I did a check with the motor. The bike still folds, So bonus. I had to cut the stand off the bottom bracket for it to slide in. Being it is a 120mm. I need to fit it onto the 100mm bottom bracket. So I am now looking for something that will act as a washer. I could also weld another part of a bottom bracket on?
What is the diameter of your BB? Maybe find a pipe piece that could be sliced, and put one slice on each side?

Sort of like a salami sandwich with a piece of cheese in the middle. The inverse of this:

cheesewich-provolone-both-out-and-in-package.jpg

Okay, now I'm officially hungry and it's only 7:30 a.m. CDT.

What is the diameter of your BB? Maybe find a pipe piece that could be sliced, and put one slice on each side?

Sort of like a salami sandwich with a piece of cheese in the middle. The inverse of this:

View attachment 237908

Okay, now I'm officially hungry and it's only 7:30 a.m. CDT.
Crack up...
Yep I found some plumbing pvc, But that might crumple. And some old brass hose nozzles. I want the right side to be out some,well basic even steven ... I thought 10mm on either side,but the right could be a few mm more. I will scratch my head a little later on this.

I have done nothing but work the last few weeks. And just looked at the date that builds have to be finished by...
I need to git to building as I have also been a little slack and dragging my feet.
There will not be a 4.0 as it is time to get this done...
From the metal off that old bed. I have accomplished making a square🔲(clever me:grin:)
1689259538904.png

This is part 2 of Butterball the base.
1689259600045.png

Most of the work I need to do is welding.
But we are in a heatwave at the moment 40'c
And I have some cycling tours at the moment.
After tomorrow its,grinding and welding to get done.
Where does time go?

Latest posts

Back