⭐ LoCo-Motion ⭐ ReTrO gRaVeL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we tried that here it would be @MattiThundrrr and I cruising around and he'd end in my backyard scavengeing for parts but we'd still have a blast
There was parts scavenging happening 😏

Found a honey hole

Who's who in the pic, should do a pic of the user thread maybe, I know some people don't like their face shown and that's all good too
217008-20221112-152034~2.jpg

The user names certainly fit the characters, you look like a couple of cool cats to hang with

Both Dr T and Cap are definitely cool cats to hang with. Glad we were finally able to get a ride together with Cap. It was fun doing something good with these guys as well as riding around dodging tourists and wedding parties on another beautiful day in Savannah.

I LOVE seeing faces on here…. I wish more builders would share.

where were you guys? Savanna? I’d love to meet up with some ratter‘s on my business travels.

Yes, Savannah. I live in the historic district, DrT lives on Isle Of Hope, and Cap lives across the bridge in SC. Give us a buzz if you are in the Savannah or Hilton Head area.

I love old 26" wheel MTB's turned into gravel bikes! Made one myself back in 2019 from an old Wheeler New Yorker that was supposed to be scrapped
View attachment 217025

Also Specialized had a factory thingy like that back in 1989. It was called the Rock Combo
View attachment 217026
I'm working on a few of my friends gravel conversions, latest one is a Scott santa cruz, nice purple colour
IMG_20221111_135653.jpg
IMG_20221111_135734.jpg

Last edited:
Tuned this bike up today for donation to the local Toys for Tots xmas givaway. The disconnected top tube reminded me of your Iron Horse mtb. This Magna Fugitive is actually a decent bike, well, compared to most bsos. From 1999. aluminum rims with plenty of spokes. aluminum brake arms instead of stamped sheet metal. Rides good too. We regreased the bearings and put in a new cable. The rear brake cable was rusted inside the housing where it curves up. The square downtube looks out of place among the round or ovalized tubes on the rest of the frame. And it was already a single speed.

Tuned this bike up today for donation to the local Toys for Tots xmas givaway. The disconnected top tube reminded me of your Iron Horse mtb. This Magna Fugitive is actually a decent bike, well, compared to most bsos. From 1999. aluminum rims with plenty of spokes. aluminum brake arms instead of stamped sheet metal. Rides good too. We regreased the bearings and put in a new cable. The rear brake cable was rusted inside the housing where it curves up. The square downtube looks out of place among the round or ovalized tubes on the rest of the frame. And it was already a single speed.

That's actually pretty cool. I love pierced tube designs like that

She came apart smooth with exception of the BB. That's soaking now. Filled with that smelly grey La Brea tar pit ooze that tells me it's probably never been opened and probably had water in there at least once

View attachment 213851View attachment 213852View attachment 213853

The only things pictured that are 100% guaranteed to be reused are the frame and the seatpost

Even the brake mount bolts and water bottle cage bolts will probably be replaced with stainless hardware like usual

If I can free up that BB tomorrow I plan to wash and hopefully polish this thing this weekend
I dig your floor. Also.

I like Old Shovel's builds. I think I've watched most of them. It's relaxing just kicking it by the fireplace and watching someone else do the wrenching. 🍺🌮
No kidding. I watch lots of build shows of all types.

And the vehicle recoveries. Thank God I’m nor winching people out of the ditch on the frozen Wasatch, but I like watching recoveries in the snow because I don’t live in it anymore.

Latest posts

Back