(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it doesn't look like I'll be able to paint the bike the way I wanted. I ordered the paint two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Just checked the tracking code, and it's bounced around the US. From Texas to California to Indiana. The latest update has it in Niagara Falls, New York, at the Canadian border. Hopefully the customs agents didn't seize it. I'll have to call it finished as is. I'll post one of the older photos where it was still covered in rust in the finished bikes thread. It's covered in battleship grey primer at the moment and is in no way photogenic

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be able to paint the bike the way I wanted. I ordered the paint two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Just checked the tracking code, and it's bounced around the US. From Texas to California to Indiana. The latest update has it in Niagara Falls, New York, at the Canadian border. Hopefully the customs agents didn't seize it. I'll have to call it finished as is. I'll post one of the older photos where it was still covered in rust in the finished bikes thread. It's covered in battleship grey primer at the moment and is in no way photogenic
That is a bummer mr Hatter!
That means I have a better chance of winning, because I was'nt going to beat this beaut!

;)

The final photo of this bike, before I broke it down for paint. I still want to fully paint it, but it's a matter of IF the paint ever shows up. Can't even get a refund because it's still "in transit, close to being delivered"
Polish_20230719_141218338.jpg

The final photo of this bike, before I broke it down for paint. I still want to fully paint it, but it's a matter of IF the paint ever shows up. Can't even get a refund because it's still "in transit, close to being delivered"View attachment 241698
I say run it as is (in the finished build section). Had you not mentioned paint, I wouldn't have known it wasn't complete. Looks really good, and the photo is perfection! I would post this one (love the reflection), and a cropped version so we can better appreciate the details. Bravo!

The final photo of this bike, before I broke it down for paint. I still want to fully paint it, but it's a matter of IF the paint ever shows up. Can't even get a refund because it's still "in transit, close to being delivered"View attachment 241698
I say run it as is (in the finished build section). Had you not mentioned paint, I wouldn't have known it wasn't complete. Looks really good, and the photo is perfection! I would post this one (love the reflection), and a cropped version so we can better appreciate the details. Bravo!
I agree. The background is rugged but simple enough to not detract from the lines. As far as a cropped closeup, I have tried on my frame but with little luck: and your bike is much longer than mine. Paint? Paint? Did someone mention paint??
Your bike/your call but it looks great without it (for what it's worth).
Great vision and execution. md

I agree. The background is rugged but simple enough to not detract from the lines. As far as a cropped closeup, I have tried on my frame but with little luck: and your bike is much longer than mine. Paint? Paint? Did someone mention paint??
Your bike/your call but it looks great without it (for what it's worth).
Great vision and execution. md
Thanks! If the paint ever arrives, I still want to paint it. It won't last long in raw steel with this Michigan weather. I can't put it in my garage/shop because it's too long to store hung up on the wall. I've only got 10 ft ceilings and the bike is 11 ft long

Fortunately it looks great in rust!

Shipping companies find lots of ways to keep us guessing. I bought a project bike a few years ago which the guy used F-dEx to ship. It got all the way here from Indiana, got misdirected up and down CA a couple of times, was finally out for shipping and they decided to return it to the sender due to the box being a bit mangled. The guy taped the box back up and reshipped. The driver should have just stopped by to have me take a look at it the 1st time.

It will be cool to see the finished paint job if your paint ever shows up!

Fortunately it looks great in rust!

Shipping companies find lots of ways to keep us guessing. I bought a project bike a few years ago which the guy used F-dEx to ship. It got all the way here from Indiana, got misdirected up and down CA a couple of times, was finally out for shipping and they decided to return it to the sender due to the box being a bit mangled. The guy taped the box back up and reshipped. The driver should have just stopped by to have me take a look at it the 1st time.

It will be cool to see the finished paint job if your paint ever shows up!
I'll definitely update the thread if the paint shows up. It's going to be painted House of Kolor Root beer kandy
836259e5-b2bf-42a9-96e7-b6fc5c170d42_large.jpg

Im with Bobby here, if you hadnt told us I would have thought she was done! what a beast of a bike! bro ive been so busy I hadnt looked at this for over a week or so, its turned out awesome!
the gusset is the best one I seen in a very long time, Ive been wanting to make one like that but havent got the drill sizes! looks great!

Im with Bobby here, if you hadnt told us I would have thought she was done! what a beast of a bike! bro ive been so busy I hadnt looked at this for over a week or so, its turned out awesome!
the gusset is the best one I seen in a very long time, Ive been wanting to make one like that but havent got the drill sizes! looks great
I made the holes in the gusset with a Christmas tree bit from harbor freight. Just took a bit of maths to get them to flow that way

Dang, I was impressed with the next level build when seeing the finished bike.
But after reading the whole build thread, it’s so obviously next next level👏you’re a genius
‘chef’s kiss’

Just read through the whole thread again, so sorry for all of the notifications.
I loved seeing the pictures of the 'rides' from you and your friends.

Came again to appreciate your craftsmanship on a lot of levels. And I loved the picture with the "Pere Marquette" train, thats a beaut too.

Hope to see your updates on the paint in the near future!

Latest posts

Back