π™π™π™ˆ π™Žπ™₯π™šπ™šπ™™π™‘π™žπ™£π™š π˜½π™π˜Όπ™

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
For a couple of years now I have been wanting to build a Shelby Airflow or Arrow to showcase the 'TRM SPEEDLINE PARTS' that I reproduce and sell. Up until a couple of weeks ago the tanks were incomplete (because of not having a headlight bezel) and that kept me from promoting them very much. I now have a suitable bezel and lens to complete the tanks so the time is right to put a bike together!

With only a month and change left in the build-off I will opt for a Rat-style build to avoid bogging down with correctness. So expect the unexpected that will make the purists wince!

Speedline parts ad.jpg

Here is the basic pile-o-parts that I'm starting with.

IMG_4364.JPG

I'll have to sort out which parts will be used and add as needed.

The biggest decision will be which tank to choose!

Last edited:
Glad to see you jumping in. I can't wait to see the bolt together Shelby Speedline Built For Three Tri-Dem. That's gonna be a super stretch.
But seriously, those are some super cool Shelby reproduction parts you've been providing for a few years now. Glad you found a light bezel solution.
Git To Buildin!!!!

1659399709133.png

Glad to see you jumping in. I can't wait to see the bolt together Shelby Speedline Built For Three Tri-Dem. That's gonna be a super stretch.
But seriously, those are some super cool Shelby reproduction parts you've been providing for a few years now. Glad you found a light bezel solution.
Git To Buildin!!!!

View attachment 202700

Haha I wasn't sure which frame I will use, so I thought I'd better put all three that I have into the pile so I wouldn't have to declare a 'frame swap' later on. πŸ˜‰

These build-offs are like a chess game, you always have to be thinking several moves ahead! :39:🀣

Thanks, I'm stoked to finally get that worked out! I'm still working toward reproducing the aluminum bezels but for now this combined lens/bezel actually looks very good in the tanks.
IMG_4353.JPG

I didn't put one in yesterday when I gathered all of the parts together, but yes I have the bezel/lens for both tanks now! That was my inspiration to finally build one for myself!!!

Here's a "glamour shot" of the Arrow headlight.
IMG_4273.JPG

Latest posts

Back