🏆 RRBBO17 PRIZE POOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will send a set of Thompson Classic coke bottle or ball end grips to a builder of choice. They can choose the color. There is no theme or reason to my choice, it'll just be whoever I pick while I'm voting. I'll PM the winner.

Hey, what's the deadline for throwing in prizes for the prize pool? I have an idea for something I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if or how I'd want to do it yet.
Anytime

I definitely want to throw something in for the prize pool, but the week of the deadline is going to be pretty crazy for me, and odds are its only going to get crazier from then.
Make up your prize category and worry about the actual prize later. Heck we always have people from the previous year's that send out prizes last minute. I just got mine out a few months ago from BO16

First off we all get a cool bike that we each have built as our own prize if we finish! But to sweeten the pot, anyone that feels like going one step further can award a prize based on whatever criteria that you choose. Just keep in mind that it is possible that your prize may require International shipping. You can post what you plan to give your prize for and post pictures of the prize if you have them. This is all voluntary and works on the honor system.

As an example..........Our friend @kingfish254 started a tradition a few years ago of having the previous year's winner build a first place trophy for the following year's winner. Of course if you want to give a first prize also it's up to you. Last year I gave out the first Klunkie for the most off road worthy with the most total votes. Pick your criteria, pick the place you want to award, post it all here!

The tradition of the previous winner building the following Build Off's winner was actually an early RRB BO tradition. I just brought it back to life. Sadly, as the winner of BO15, I have been slack about preparing a Build Off 16 trophy for @CruJones for his valiant Class 1 Traditional win with "Rocky" last year. I was hoping to have it done soon, but don't have the time until after BO17. My plan is to use this helmet I bought and make a crest to match his fender and chainguard and then also add a rocketeer-like faceshield. I have all of the materials and I promise it will take a high priority once BO17 is over.

1661397119385.png
1661397336716.png

For Build Off 17, I'll offer up a prize to 5th Place Class 1 like I do every year since that is where I placed in my first full build off in BO7 with Flexy.

This years 5th Place Flexy Prize will be one of these blue checkered flag mudflaps with matching jewel.

1661397812046.jpeg

The 8th Annual OddJob Awards will be given out to my favo-RaT builds in BO 17. These bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird RaT-ionalizations. Whether scratch RaT, pack RaT, or sophistic-RaT, they meet my RaT-ionale for what is most RaT-isfying.

Stay tuned during Voting Week for the announcement of this year's winners! And ..... RaT oN~!

Make up your prize category and worry about the actual prize later. Heck we always have people from the previous year's that send out prizes last minute. I just got mine out a few months ago from BO16
Well, I know what I want to do for the actual prize, it's the category and my ability to actually make it happen that worry me. However, given that other folks here have chimed in about needing to find time to make their prizes from previous Build Offs, maybe I don't have much to worry about after all. I just need to think about the category is all.

Top Class I Schwinn Frame Build will get a Schwinn Vintage sticker pack from me again this year. In case of a tie, those tied will each get a sticker pack. I'm running low, so this may be the last year I'm able to provide them.
Based on what FB Marketplace and Craigslist have taught me, everyone in Class 1 built a Schwinn! 😆

Based on what FB Marketplace and Craigslist have taught me, everyone in Class 1 built a Schwinn! 😆
"I have an old bike that isn't a mountain bike or a road bike. Therefore, Schwinn."
It's similar here, but everything vintage is a "CCM".
To the untrained eye, that's the generic term like aspirin and kleenex

I just saw a CL post with a "1970's" Gary Fisher with splatter paint. At least they got the brand right, which is not difficult to do with one of his bikes because his name is all over them.

Latest posts

Back