1" threaded to threadless forks-need some help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone! Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I am semi-capable when it comes to wrenching on a bike. But I am good with my hands and can usually figure stuff out.

What I am trying to do is upgrade the forks on my Kustom Kruiser Roadster. My bike has 1" threaded springer forks that I am looking to replace with triple tree suspension forks that are 1" threadless. I am struggling to figure out if and what other parts I may need to order. I am fairly certain I will need a new threadless headset but am struggling with the dimensions, etc.

Here is a link to the forks i have picked up -https://tracerbikes.com/collections/forks/products/gt-26-triple-tree-dual-springer-classical-fork-disc-brake

Steerer 1"
Steering Tube Length 10.35"
Hub Axle 3/8''"
Material: Steel

any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• FK-GT2626135D8-CP-_3_900x.png
    FK-GT2626135D8-CP-_3_900x.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 1
  • fk-gt26263145d8-cp_2_900x.png
    fk-gt26263145d8-cp_2_900x.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 0
You will need to switch the headset cups in the frame. If the new cups are the same diameter as the old, if they fit so tightly in the frame that they need to be pressed in, it should work. The good thing about threadless forks is that If the steerer is too long, you can cut it to fit, or use spacers. The bad thing is if someone has already cut it down, and it's too short for the bike

Take it to a bike shop they'll but threads on the thread less. They'll charge about 20 bucks

@ingola i often prefer threadless because of a few reasons. So it may or may not be the best option, depending on what exactly @kdubz954 is trying to achieve.
I'd say you'd need to replace your headset. If you are sure you are running 1" there, chances are your frame is using EC33 standard headset. Can be tricky to replace, but feel free to write me if you decide to. I may help you out explaining exactly what is going on or maybe even source the right part for you.

Latest posts

Back